• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Does Ralph Lauren make a collection line for men?

lpalma121

Reaction score
I bought a suede jacket that has a purple tag that reads Ralph Lauren collection. The jackets buttons are on the right and it fits find. I've only seen this type oh tag on womens clothing in the past but not sure if it's a men line. Is it better than signature purple label?

haiguise

Reaction score
Post pics, but buttons don't indicate gender all the time. What size does it say? Looking at the RL website, many of the jackets for women have the buttons on the male side. I think you have a woman's coat. http://www.ralphlauren.com/shop/inde...and_collection

ramuman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lpalma121
I bought a suede jacket that has a purple tag that reads Ralph Lauren collection. The jackets buttons are on the right and it fits find. I've only seen this type oh tag on womens clothing in the past but not sure if it's a men line. Is it better than signature purple label?

I think this was the predecessor to the current PL line.

Da Luis Vuitton Don

Reaction score
so you paid 3000 clams for a Purple label jacket and do not know if it is for a male or female?or maybe PL collection is a bit cheaper im not sure but seriously?Bad trolling is bad....

lpalma121

Reaction score
I flung it at a consignment shop for 80 bucks and wasntgoing to hold off to verify. I had to get it but it looks sick guys. It's a clean suede button front classic with epaulets light brown just so nice. It fits perfect a little snug but I think most purple label does. It does say made in the USA but I've only seen the stuff made in Italy and England in the past. I'll post pics up but I thought it was a simple question guess not.

haiguise

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Da Luis Vuitton Don
so you paid 3000 clams for a Purple label jacket and do not know if it is for a male or female?or maybe PL collection is a bit cheaper im not sure but seriously?Bad trolling is bad....

What the heck are you talking about?

Da Luis Vuitton Don

Reaction score
Originally Posted by haiguise
What the heck are you talking about?

what part has you confused?before buying an expensive jacket at very least you should make sure your in the mens section no? Then again maybe the sales persons got a kick out of watching a man try on ladies wear

i say trolling as i do not believe that this scenario exists at all.

i say spend 3 grand because RLPL jackets run about that much

if this does not provide clarity then i suggest you review my original post with someone who can digest sarcasm mixed with serious doubt...

@OP- Pictures of this jacket would help out tremendously when asking for this sort of input

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ramuman
I think this was the predecessor to the current PL line.

Originally Posted by celeste_pista
pretty sure ramuman is correct here...

Originally Posted by bkstone
Agreed

+ whatever, particularly as the tag indicates that it was made in the USA.

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 16 3.6%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 74 16.6%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 146 32.8%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 75 16.9%
  • 31 - 40

Votes: 37 8.3%