• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Does Phineas Cole ever have sales?

nycwallst

Reaction score
Either sample sales, closeouts (Century 21, Off 5th...), etc.? They have lots of merchandise in their NYC store that I'm sure doesn't sell out - what happens to it afterwards? I'd love to snag some blazers and suits if the price is right (i.e., 70% off).

Thanks!

Flanderian

Reaction score
Originally Posted by nycwallst
Either sample sales, closeouts (Century 21, Off 5th...), etc.? They have lots of merchandise in their NYC store that I'm sure doesn't sell out - what happens to it afterwards? I'd love to snag some blazers and suits if the price is right (i.e., 70% off).

Thanks!

I've not had experience with P. Cole but PS traditionally held a sale after Christmas. They typically don't have large quantities or huge discounts. 25% to 30% off full retail would be typical, 50% a rarity. I've never seen Stuart merchandise at liquidators, though a few items Stuart sells were also made for other retailers and they might sell them through such channels. I very much doubt that would be the case for P. Cole.

negusnegas

Reaction score
Never seen anything over 50% and probably won't include the basics. They have them twice a year, but prior poster said there is way more Paul Stuart on sale then PC. Went in during their summer sale and found limited selection and, because they mark their seasonal pieces up quite a bit even at 50% off the pricing was pretty aggressive for Samuelsohn made gear ($1000 Linen blazer).

MORNINGSTAR777

Reaction score
I was wondering the samething. I have my eye on a Phineas Cole tie. However, I don't recall last season having a large sales selection so my prospects of a discount acquisition doesn't seem hopeful. I suppose I'll have to do the unthinkable; pay retail.

stant62

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Look out for a Paul Stuart sale from Soffier/Haskin.

caldervale

Reaction score
Originally Posted by stant62
Look out for a Paul Stuart sale from Soffier/Haskin.

These don't happen often, but they're well, well worth going to when they're on...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads