• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Does Phineas Cole ever have sales?

nycwallst

Reaction score
Either sample sales, closeouts (Century 21, Off 5th...), etc.? They have lots of merchandise in their NYC store that I'm sure doesn't sell out - what happens to it afterwards? I'd love to snag some blazers and suits if the price is right (i.e., 70% off).

Thanks!

Flanderian

Reaction score
Originally Posted by nycwallst
Either sample sales, closeouts (Century 21, Off 5th...), etc.? They have lots of merchandise in their NYC store that I'm sure doesn't sell out - what happens to it afterwards? I'd love to snag some blazers and suits if the price is right (i.e., 70% off).

Thanks!

I've not had experience with P. Cole but PS traditionally held a sale after Christmas. They typically don't have large quantities or huge discounts. 25% to 30% off full retail would be typical, 50% a rarity. I've never seen Stuart merchandise at liquidators, though a few items Stuart sells were also made for other retailers and they might sell them through such channels. I very much doubt that would be the case for P. Cole.

negusnegas

Reaction score
Never seen anything over 50% and probably won't include the basics. They have them twice a year, but prior poster said there is way more Paul Stuart on sale then PC. Went in during their summer sale and found limited selection and, because they mark their seasonal pieces up quite a bit even at 50% off the pricing was pretty aggressive for Samuelsohn made gear ($1000 Linen blazer).

stant62

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Look out for a Paul Stuart sale from Soffier/Haskin.

caldervale

Reaction score
Originally Posted by stant62
Look out for a Paul Stuart sale from Soffier/Haskin.

These don't happen often, but they're well, well worth going to when they're on...

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.