• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Does NYMilan from ebay/grailed sell authentic items?

jdpan

Reaction score
As per the subject title ,anyone knows? As i just purchased something but should have done my research before that.

I do understand that his been with ebay etc for more than 10 years and his review on ebay is 99.9% but at the same time, there is only ONE negative (for current year) feedback, would it be too good to be true? Also, the positive reviews are generic such as "A+++" etc. However,i did manage to find one review on Grailed where the person mentioned that "The comme de garcons leather start to peel off after one day of using, non authentic,stay away".

Next, For the items listed, the same picture was used for different sizes of the same clothes? And there were review from buyer (grailed) that the top had a large stain at the front but on the picture on the listing, there was nothing?

In addition, some of the products are retailed at lets say $1,000+ and he manage to sell them at 300+ to 400. Furthermore, its "NEW WITH TAGS" so how is this possible?

For eg,
, this retails at $580 but he manage to sell it at less than $200 for new with tags?

And, " Grailed 2.JPG "
retails at $2,700 but he manage to sells at $1,100 ?

Anyone able to help me out this this? Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

lemmy127

Reaction score
In addition, some of the products are retailed at lets say $1,000+ and he manage to sell them at 300+ to 400. Furthermore, its "NEW WITH TAGS" so how is this possible?

I only have a bit of experience because I'm watching one of their listings right now (pair of Alden for Brooks Brothers unlined loafers). I've never bought from them anything.

1. Those full retail prices aren't necessarily correct. They have the shoes I'm watching listed as having a regular retail price of $945, and fluctuating their Buy It Now price between $495 and $615.They have a regular retail price of $748, could always be easily had for $636 with a corporate discount, and go on sale beyond that (currently at $561).

2. Sample/warehouse sales. The seller is located in Brooklyn. Retailers (especially those with a headquarters or flagship store in NYC) often offload samples (test products) and deadstock from previous seasons in massive sales in NYC. Stuff is discounted 50% off or more of the retail price so the retailer can come close to breaking even on stock that they want to get rid of to free up capital and physical shape for the newest season's items. There was a warehouse sale for Brooks Brothers earlier this year where they unloaded most, if not all, of their Alden- and Edward Green-made stock shoes and boots, and I can guarantee NYMilan bought the shoes I'm watching at that sale for less than $300.

Last edited:

jdpan

Reaction score
My apologies for troubling you all as this is the first time i bought a luxury item for myself and bought it online. so sorry about it

@A Guy from Shanghai, you went to get the item authenticated at the store?

A Guy from Shanghai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My apologies for troubling you all as this is the first time i bought a luxury item for myself and bought it online. so sorry about it

@A Guy from Shanghai, you went to get the item authenticated at the store?
No, I didn't need to. I have been buying and selling on ebay for many years. All the items that I bought from it all good/authentic. I have to add that most of the items are classic menswear, brand name like Caruso, and etc,

jdpan

Reaction score
I only have a bit of experience because I'm watching one of their listings right now (pair of Alden for Brooks Brothers unlined loafers). I've never bought from them anything.

1. Those full retail prices aren't necessarily correct. They have the shoes I'm watching listed as having a regular retail price of $945, and fluctuating their Buy It Now price between $495 and $615.They have a regular retail price of $748, could always be easily had for $636 with a corporate discount, and go on sale beyond that (currently at $561).

2. Sample/warehouse sales. The seller is located in Brooklyn. Retailers (especially those with a headquarters or flagship store in NYC) often offload samples (test products) and deadstock from previous seasons in massive sales in NYC. Stuff is discounted 50% off or more of the retail price so the retailer can come close to breaking even on stock that they want to get rid of to free up capital and physical shape for the newest season's items. There was a warehouse sale for Brooks Brothers earlier this year where they unloaded most, if not all, of their Alden- and Edward Green-made stock shoes and boots, and I can guarantee NYMilan bought the shoes I'm watching at that sale for less than $300.

Hmm in this case, wouldn't those big online stores like HBX.com farfetch, endlessclothing done the same? but they choose not too.

So in terms of pricing in from most ex to cheapest Retail store > HBX.com/farfetch etc > NYMilan > deadstocks from sales/warehouse (Assuming all are authentic)

I guess i wait for my item to arrive and post it here

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads