• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Does my smile make me look older?

wayne261

Reaction score
I am 22 and I think I look that age, but I've found that people online always say I look older. In person, I've always had the opposite. I regularly get asked for ID in bars and clubs. Some people are surprised I'm 22 and not 18/19. I have recently started joining some dating sites so obviously I want to look my age and not 10 years older. My question is do I look older in photographs because of my smile? Should I use straight-faced photographs on dating sites?

[Removed Photographs]

Update: Thanks for the replies. My question has been answered now.

West24

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
dont worry about youre smile, you should worry about the ugly stick you were beaten with.

West24

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
what the hell im having a bad day...

i'll just come out and say what's on my mind, that smile dont look good. i dont know if it's the smile. or the face. or both.

i cant believe you said that you asshole!

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
I don't think it's your smile, I think it's your hairline.

edit: okay maybe it's your smile AND your hairline. You have a lot of wrinkles for someone your age, you should take better care of your skin.

wayne261

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eason
I don't think it's your smile, I think it's your hairline.

edit: okay maybe it's your smile AND your hairline. You have a lot of wrinkles for someone your age, you should take better care of your skin.

Yeah, the hairline might be one of the main reasons. As for the smile, the problem is that those wrinkles only show up when I smile. They are more like dimples. I don't think there's much I can do about that.

huy

Reaction score
Nope. Looks like you dont have a top lip though. Have you tried to show more of your top lip when you smile?

wayne261

Reaction score
Originally Posted by huy
Nope. Looks like you dont have a top lip though. Have you tried to show more of your top lip when you smile?
Good idea. I never even thought of that because no one's ever mentioned it. I'll give it a go. Thanks.

FlyingLotus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
your 22, dont worry about it.
Enjoy life and being young while you can

bimmernate

Reaction score
i cant see it. did you take em down because of the comments.

dude gonna go dead himself. and before i saw it dammit

MrGimpy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice work--that didn't take long.

Does my smile make me look fat?

MrGimpySmiling.jpg

likeitaloud

Reaction score
No it makes you look happy
smile.gif
And West24 without even seeing his pictures your comment is just being an asshole.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads