• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Does it feel like end-times yet???

Sherman90

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Earthquake after flood after nuclear disaster after civil war after freak temperatures after famines after economic collapse(ing) after mass hyper-sexual hollow cultural ideation after volcanic eruptions and repeat and augment. And again.

Has felt like it to me for a couple of years now. I am largely apathetic. I wouldn't think it terribly unjust for this humanity to disintegrate. Strange thing is that even if there were a consensus about it, we could likely do little more than look for good used suits, continue to go to work and wait.

Last edited:

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
That's great, it starts with an earthquake, birds and
snakes, an aeroplane and Lenny Bruce is not afraid.
Eye of a hurricane, listen to yourself churn - world
serves its own needs, dummy serve your own needs. Feed
it off an aux speak, grunt, no, strength, the Ladder
start to clatter with fear fight down height. Wire
in a fire, representing seven games, and a government
for hire at a combat site. Left of west and coming in
a hurry with the furys breathing down your neck. Team
by team reporters baffled, trumped, tethered cropped.
Look at that low playing. Fine, then. Uh oh,
overflow, population, common food, but it'll do to Save
yourself, serve yourself. World serves its own needs,
listen to your heart bleed dummy with the rapture and
the revered and the right, right. You vitriolic,
patriotic, slam, fight, bright light, feeling pretty
psyched.

Texastyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There has always been these types of events but now its just more in your face thanks to the 24/7 news cycle.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Boy, I thought I was a morose pessimist.

Anyway, I was at church one Sunday many many years ago (so this may not be completely correct in the particulars) and Father Kelley started up with a quote about how all the world was going to pot and the children don't respect their elders, and the politicians are all crooked now, and so on and so forth. Then he told us that those words came from Socrates who pre-dated Jesus Himself, so this hand-wringing isn't a recent phenomenon. I felt a little better after that.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
The end of the world is coming and it's predicted to disproportionally impact women and minorities.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
No, it's not the end times. Don't be stupid.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
so first an earthquake, and now a hurricane- both hitting new york. and if we go by every single disaster movie we know that armageddon type of disasters always hit new york. ruh roh.....

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads