• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Does It Bother You To Wear PINK?

Eccentric

Reaction score
If ever I needed a reason to wear pink, it is that my pink striped tie has received more positive female compliments than any other tie I own.

ele

Reaction score
I mistakenly clicked this thread thinking it was going to be about the shoddy construction of Thomas Pink shirts.

DandySF

Reaction score
Pink is a good alternative to the more staid shades of blue and white. I find a pale pink shirt under a blue jacket helps brighten things up on a weekend evening.

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by suitntieguy
I don't think I will either. However, the situation might would have some effect. I could have my arm twisted to wear a pink jacket with white pants in the spring if I where say in aruba or on a golf course in somewhere south of the equator.

Any day at any old event in the windy city. Not a chance

I can definitely see this, but it would have to be done really well. It's one of those looks I can see looking really cool if done right but very "try hard" if it doesn't work out. I would be able to convince myself I'm the former at the store, but I think fear that I'd be the latter might prevent me from actually wearing it. However, I would be happy to travel to any exotic locale necessary to test this theory!

I'll be visiting the Windy City in a few weeks, I'll be sure to leave the pink sportcoat in my closet.
smile.gif

surfnbank

Reaction score
I have a punk shirt that I wear from high school powder puff, that it though.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
only if its a pink pair of trousers, or a pink jacket.

shaitan

Reaction score
"At one point pink was considered more of a boy's color, (as a watered-down red, which is a fierce color) and blue was more for girls. The associate of pink with bold, dramatic red clearly affected its use for boys. An American newspaper in 1914 advised mothers, "If you like the color note on the little one's garments, use pink for the boy and blue for the girl, if you are a follower of convention." [The Sunday Sentinal, March 29, 1914.]

It's only a color. Why not?

paegk

Reaction score
nope just bought a pink shirt over the weekend

wahwho11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
lol, look at all the threads he creates.....

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Never bothers me, and I receive lots of compliments.
Every mans wardrobe needs pink, bar none.

a-rock

Reaction score
It's because when the typical amjack thinks of pink, they're imagining hot pink or something garish. A light pink is just as versatile as a light blue.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads