Does It Bother You To Wear PINK?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by MrBon, Nov 2, 2009.

1. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

It doesn't look good with many colors. You have to go out of your way to find something to wear it with and it's not worth the effort. Purple on the other hand, can be really well done.

[​IMG]

2. intent

intent Senior member

No. Should it?

3. RJman

RJman Posse Member Dubiously Honored

French Internet Gentlemen cannot leave the house without wearing an item of pink clothing.

4. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

French Internet Gentlemen cannot leave the house without wearing an item of pink clothing.

True. It's often silk and rarely visible.

5. unjung

unjung Senior member

It doesn't look good with many colors. You have to go out of your way to find something to wear it with and it's not worth the effort. Purple on the other hand, can be really well done.

Quoi?

6. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

7. forsbergacct2000

forsbergacct2000 Senior member

It does not bother me although I don't have many pink items.

8. MrBon

MrBon Well-Known Member

I remember my wife telling me at her office for BREAST CANCER month people would always talk about wearing something pink in support, and some guys would be hesitant or refuse to wear pink. (tie,shirt, sweater).

My wife ask me... why some guys are so up tight about wearing pink, and i said it has something to do with maturity, and/or being insecure about their manhood. Pink is a great style/fashion color, i'm not a pink sport jacket or pants guy, but i do like pink ties, shirts, and sweaters.

9. suitntieguy

suitntieguy Senior member

I wear pink with a lot of colors.
    I wear a pink shirt and I wear Navy, Gray, Red, Burgundy, and as you mentioned purple all the time. The pink shirt will go great with EVERY color suit I own (navy, blue, gray (all shades), brown, and if I owned a black suit it would go well with that as will. Personally, I think pink is one of the most versitle colors out there.

10. Mr_Pacman

Mr_Pacman Active Member

The only time you will catch me in pink is if it's sitting on my face or riding on my "johnson".

11. magogian12345

magogian12345 Senior member

I wear pink, lavender, purple and shades in between. Such colors are fantastic!

12. magogian12345

magogian12345 Senior member

I wear pink with a lot of colors.
    I wear a pink shirt and I wear Navy, Gray, Red, Burgundy, and as you mentioned purple all the time. The pink shirt will go great with EVERY color suit I own (navy, blue, gray (all shades), brown, and if I owned a black suit it would go well with that as will. Personally, I think pink is one of the most versitle colors out there.

+1

13. MrG

MrG Senior member

I'm a big fan of pink, particularly shirts. I actually own a few pink shirts. One of my favorite ties is also pink, and I have a set of knots that are pink. The knots are great - they're a great touch for spring/summer wear.

That all said, I don't think I would try to pull off a pink coat or trousers.

14. suitntieguy

suitntieguy Senior member

I'm a big fan of pink, particularly shirts. I actually own a few pink shirts. One of my favorite ties is also pink, and I have a set of knots that are pink. The knots are great - they're a great touch for spring/summer wear.

That all said, I don't think I would try to pull off a pink coat or trousers.

I don't think I will either. However, the situation might would have some effect. I could have my arm twisted to wear a pink jacket with white pants in the spring if I where say in aruba or on a golf course in somewhere south of the equator.

Any day at any old event in the windy city. Not a chance

15. Lovellum

Lovellum Well-Known Member

You have yet to explain why you ask other gentlemen to wear certain clothing.

That being said, I don't wear pink. It bothers me because it's too bright. I'm afraid of colors.