• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Does Hugo Boss have any line of suits that is not fused?

jeskali

Reaction score
Love the fit of his suits, quality seems decent, but for the $ you can get much better. Would love to know if he has a line that is higher quality construction that I can snag when it goes on sale.

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
If you love the fit, and the price is right, does it really matter if it's fused or not? Just wear it and be happy!

dshin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by drducky
not anymore that I'm aware of
they used to have Baldessarini (I believe made by Battistoni), but it's been defunct for several years now

I have a Baldessarini suit that is fully canvassed.

binge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't know if all are fused, but I picked-up a HB Selection suit -- AFAIK their "top-end" line now -- at the end of 2007 and it is fused. I can tell by feeling for that middle layer near the bottom button. On my Belvest suit, Hickey-Freeman, and Canali sport coats it's all easy to find, but on the HB suit it's just not there. I also have a few other sport coats that I'm sure are fused and and the HB jacket feels more like them. YMMV.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
not sure why you put this in Buying and Selling. Moving to Men's Clothing.

FidelCashflow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by drducky
not anymore that I'm aware of
they used to have Baldessarini (I believe made by Battistoni), but it's been defunct for several years now

Originally Posted by chorse123
I think Boss Selection is full canvas. I think they are made in Turkey, but haven't looked at them closely.

Close, but both statements are off.

Baldessarini is still in full effect! I was just at a store looking at the Spring '08 collection a few weeks ago. But it's no longer affiliated with Hugo Boss, Werner Baldessarini (former Hugo Boss chairman and Baldessarini founder) spun it off into a separate company and severed all ties with Boss.

I remember seeing last spring at a Hugo Boss boutique that they were packing up and shipping out all the remaining Baldessarini inventory. But there are still new collections coming out from Baldessarini, you can check them out on his website. Their clothes are incredible quality. The suits are full canvas, and more on par in terms of construction and price with Brioni and Kiton than the other Hugo Boss offerings.

I saw the most incredible cotton/linen shirt for $450
inlove.gif
I would have brought it too, but it fit like a tent.
censored.gif

Hugo Boss Selection on the other hand is like Hugo Boss, but a half-step up in terms of quality, and of course come with a higher price tag. I believe their suits are half-canvassed.

Albert60

Reaction score
Hugo Boss Selection on the other hand is like Hugo Boss, but a half-step up in terms of quality, and of course come with a higher price tag. I believe their suits are half-canvassed.[/quote]

I'm fairly certain that's correct.

In Seattle, Nordstrom's and Mario's carries Boss selection. Nordstrom's has a few pieces. The Boss boutique at Mario's has a much greater selection, including sportcoats, suits, outerwear, separate slacks and shirts.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads