• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Does gap make shirts that aren't belly shirts?

Pilot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the slim fit gap shirt that i own and a few tshirts from them barely reach the top of my pants, and if i move at all i show my underwear. do they make a slim fitting dress shirt that is longer than waist high that will stayed tucked in?

braidkid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
not that I know of. A small fits me fairly well, but it's a little too short to be tucked in.

datasupa

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stylish Pilot
the slim fit gap shirt that i own and a few tshirts from them barely reach the top of my pants, and if i move at all i show my underwear.

Why do you think they call it the 'Gap?'

bob_gnarly

Reaction score
do you buy the shirts shirts in the "tall" size? im 6'3 and the tall shirts that i buy fit me fine IMO

braidkid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
do they make a "tall" and "slim"?

Pilot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i'm just 6' but i have a long torso. i only saw a few tall slim shirts on their website. their shirts just fit really short anyways. v- necks, t-shirts, dress shirts. everything there fits really short.

bob_gnarly

Reaction score
yes they do, but they use the word "fitted" which i suppose amounts to the same thing, i just get the medium "tall" shirts and i am pleased

Pilot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
are their "fitted" shirts that slim? i would imagine they are still pretty blousy at the waist

Goblin

Reaction score
Their athletic fit t-shirts are not remotely slim by SF standards. I like them a lot, partially for that reason.

korce

Reaction score
The gap "design editions" white shirts fit very slim imo. I got the safari-esque one with two buttoned chest pockets in a Small - I can just barely tuck it in and I'm 6' tall, though it is a bit short - I do like the fit overall.

WhoKnewI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by korce
The gap "design editions" white shirts fit very slim imo. I got the safari-esque one with two buttoned chest pockets in a Small - I can just barely tuck it in and I'm 6' tall, though it is a bit short - I do like the fit overall.

If the gap cut all of their button downs like they did their design editions, I would be a very happy person. I used to get cheap button downs from H&M (the ones folded, pinned, an hanging on the wall) but yesterday I tried one on and it was enormous. I think the arms were cut for a gorilla or something. Then I tried the Michael Bastian shirt and the fit was very good. Nice slim torso and shorter and slimmer arms.

givemefive

Reaction score
Yeah I'm 6'3" and 170lbs

my gf always remarks that my belly is showing with any shirt that is marked slim. The problem is any shirt that is slim enough around the torso also has by nature short sleeves and short length. This doesn't workout too well cause I either have a dress with a large or a belly shirt with a medium

I<3Bacon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I tried on one of the Slim Fit button up's fairly recently in Small... if I remember right, the shoulders and body fit well, but the sleeves were at least an inch too long. Body was long enough to tuck easily (I'm 5'11&quot;/145lbs).

reprehensible

Reaction score
I have an M and an L in their regular fitted dress shirt, and those are plenty long enough. The L might be too long to not be tucked in, and the sleeves are even slightly too long. I am totally unused to sleeves being too long. I'm 6'2"-ish, 190.

Can't speak to slimness for any given individual, but they work for me. The medium is definitely the closest-fitting shirt I have.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads