Does Dick Fuld (former Lehman CEO) wear fused suits?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by daspianist, Oct 6, 2008.

1. daspianist

daspianist Well-Known Member

2. NoVaguy

NoVaguy Senior member

I think that's pick stitchingt, since the ripples look like they're on the edge of the lapel.

3. custombytodd

custombytodd New Member

Difficult to tell with certainty, he is however wearing a button down collar with the suit in question.

Based on that, I'd say he knows more about making money than spending wisely on clothing purchases.

4. taxgenius

taxgenius Senior member

Difficult to tell with certainty, he is however wearing a button down collar with the suit in question.

Based on that, I'd say he knows more about making money than spending wisely on clothing purchases.

+1

5. maxnharry

maxnharry Senior member

Based on that, I'd say he knows more about LOSING money than spending wisely on clothing purchases.

fixed

6. lee_44106

lee_44106 Senior member

I for one would rather wear Target $69 suits but have $300 millions in my account than internet pretenders who buy Made in Italy stuff with credit cards.

7. daspianist

daspianist Well-Known Member

I for one would rather wear Target $69 suits but have $300 millions in my account than internet pretenders who buy Made in Italy stuff with credit cards.

.. but you wear Canali (brought with your credit card).

8. jsherman02

jsherman02 Senior member

That is just mean. [​IMG]

9. why

why Senior member

I'd rather spend a small fraction of my $300 million on Made in Italy suits and not make false dichotomies.

10. grimslade

grimslade Senior member

It's pick stitching.

11. jdcpa

jdcpa Senior member

It wouldn't surprise me that Fuld intentionally or was told by advisors to dress down a bit for this hearing. The last thing he'd want to do as the head of a bankrupt company would be to show up for a hearing on a financial meltdown wearing sterling cufflinks, silk pocket square, spread collar and a windsor knot. It seems to me that he probably wanted to appear as simple and plain as possible.

12. lee_44106

lee_44106 Senior member

.. but you wear Canali (brought with your credit card).

Cash actually for $79 at Off Saks.

13. lordofpi

lordofpi Senior member

Well, my guess is that you don't have the $300 mill, so you are stuck buying M.I.I. stuff with credit cards along with your fellow pretenders.

14. AlanC

AlanC Minister of Trad

Of course there are some who don't have $300 million and still don't use credit cards.

15. Twotone

Twotone Senior member

Hopefully, he will be wearing a fused striped suit for at least 20 years courtesy of a federal "time-share" facility. One important piece missing from the $700B bailout is to take all assets (bank accounts, cars, homes, retirements, boats, planes, clothes, jewelery, trophy wives, etc.) from any officer, executive, director, etc. who worked for any of these organizations for the last five years.

Don't get me started!

Twotone