1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Does decent thrift/consignment exist in Los Angeles for dress clothing?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Herschel Krustofsky, Apr 12, 2006.

1. Herschel Krustofsky

Herschel Krustofsky Member

To all the Angelenos of the forum:

Can we trade tips on decent thrift/consignment places for suits, blazers, etc in the LA area? I've looked all over and can't find anything but dregs. I thought maybe in San Marino/Pasadena, there'd be a few places that handled dressier garments, but no luck.

At this point, I'd kill for even a Filene's just to have some hope of finding nice things at a decent price once in a while.

2. Baron

Baron Distinguished Member Dubiously Honored

Try Decades Two on Melrose and Harper. They have mostly women's, but there is a decent selection of men's as well. The upstairs (Decades) is a practically a museum of vintage couture gowns. Really beautiful stuff. The owner, Cameron Silver, wears a lot of Jack Taylor as well.

3. YoungAmerican

YoungAmerican Distinguished Member Dubiously Honored

As a relatively new Angeleno, I'm bumping this in hopes of finding a designer consigner or some decent thrifts that aren't Aardvarks or Goodwills.