1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Does Burburry go with Robbery?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by ernest, Jan 30, 2005.

1. ernest

ernest Senior member

Taken appart the macs, I guess it does pretty well.

An you?

2. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

what the hell are you talking about

3. marc37

marc37 Senior member

Give up, no-one knows what Ernest (Sasha) is talking about. l give up [understanding what he is talking about] long ago. [​IMG]

4. FIHTies

FIHTies Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Hmmm... I will try my hand here (although I do think it was a "bit" esoteric, and will be a little frightened at myself if I get it right, [​IMG] ) Ernest wants to know about the Burberry Macintoch (raincoat) why its so expensive and if it's (highway) Robbery. In the market for a raincoat myself I tend to think that 1K for a Burberry raincoat is VERY steep.

5. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

I thought he was talking about going to a store and stealing the lining out of one.

6. Dakota rube

Dakota rube Senior member

A bit better than yesterday, all day vomiting for
    I wanted, no LUSTED after a Burberry for a decade. The closest I ever came to buying one was in a Burberry outlet store in Palm Springs a couple years ago. But it was still $600 or $700.

This autumn I found one on eBay; seller said it was a gift from his mother, and was brand new.

I bit. Paid $300. It came on the Burberry hanger, in a Burberry bag, and is perfect.

It's really cold here in the winter (-25 some mornings) and the coat with wool liner and collar has been fine. It stops the wind and repels snow quite well. I wear it 2 or 3 times a week when I'm not wearing a black cashmere overcoat.

To pay $1000 seems crazy; at $300, I'm very happy.

7. ernest

ernest Senior member

Is Burberry robbery ? I think it is.

In their products, only the macs worth their price

8. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

Burberry Prorsum is rather lovely actually.