• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Does B&S seem slow to you lately?

philosophe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dewey
It's not that B&S needs only this kind of seller, but that when there were 3-6 people bringing the deals on an irregular basis, it was a lot more interesting to check B&S a few times a day. Chorse, edmorel, Doc, and some others helped other sellers move their merchandise. And there definitely is something to the argument that B&S now reflects the dramatically reduced inventories of luxury goods since the stock market crash. Most every day I celebrate my good fortune in that I was able to make the most of buying opportunities in the '07-'09 fall from excess.
The shopping was good way back when. Kudos to the quality seller and his fellow sellers. I think the major factor is the post-crash economy.

harry2quinn

Reaction score
Originally Posted by KenRose
No dude, that won't work for us. I'm Canadian so even though I have US money and a US bank account, Paypal forces me to buy things with my Canadian $ and then they transfer in into US $ with an exchange rate that should be illegal. Then, when I sell goods and am paid in US$, they convert it to Can before they transfer it to my bank account. Between the fees and what they **** us with on exchange, it adds up to 10%.
Dont know what's going on in your case... Even in your situation, you should be able to have US buyers purchase through credit card rather than bank ac and have the cc charge the fees. I've definitely done this with a Canadian buyer before. Sent him $125cad charged directly to my credit card. He got it with no more than the typical PP fees.

odiv

Reaction score
I'm just a new member, but B&S seems a like a mixture of very different types of selling that sometimes clash with each other. Some people use it to closet clean, some to make money on thrift finds, some to pass along a good deal, some use it as a retail outlet, some to sell their handmade goods, etc.

I really like the "No bump without price drop" rule. One solution that I've seen used on other sale forums is listing the threads by the original post date and new posts do not bump the thread. Members are then restricted to a certain number of posts a week/month/whatever. I think whatever way you try to mitigate bumps you remain firm, which mostly seems to be the case here.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads