1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Does anyone wear a suit at home these days?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Twotone, Feb 22, 2008.

1. Sator

Sator Senior member

I like the idea of dressing for dinner. That should including insisting that any family member present themselves reasonably dressed to the dinner table. I often keep my coat and tie on until retiring after dinner. I have received guests to dinner wearing a white dinner jacket at home as well.

I would not rail at guests for how they dress however.

2. dopey

dopey Senior member Dubiously Honored

There is a difference between being invited over with the intention of eating DINNER at someone's house and not also having to wear their clothes because what you decided to wear was not up to par with the host.

Does your wife also offer her dresses, heels and jewelry to the wives who show up not to her standard?

She has offered dresses to both woman and men, depending on their preferences. Really, everyone is made to feel welcome.

3. Hanseat

Hanseat Senior member

I think its fairly interesting to see that many of you well-dressed people would wear sweatpants and a t-shirt once at home.

Not to put anyone down but to me it's a question of self-respect to wear something I could welcome guests in or run some errands outside the house in.
    I can see someone wearing khakis, cords or jeans at home, but sweatpants or a PJ?

Then again I'm a college student so I don't have to wear suit and tie every day. But if the clothes are well fitted and you're not doing anything like cooking you shouldn't have to immediately tear your clothes when you come home. That of course if just my humble opinion.

4. dopey

dopey Senior member Dubiously Honored

Nor do I make the guest feel at ease.
    I think this is a typo and might be leading to some confusion.
    As it turns out, it was a typo, which I have corrected, thank you. Perhaps it happened because I hadn't yet decided which way to go with this thread.