1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Does anyone use Mint.com?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Cavalier, Aug 5, 2009.

1. Cavalier

Cavalier Well-Known Member

Do you believe using a site like this is safe?

2. MetroStyles

MetroStyles Well-Known Member

I use it and I believe it is safe.

3. Clemson

Clemson Well-Known Member

4. AntiHero84

AntiHero84 Well-Known Member

5. Cavalier

Do you guys add your investment portfolios?

I am thinking that I will add my individual bank accounts/credit cards to Mint, but leave my UBS account separate. Something about it just seems risky to me?

It is very beautiful and great though, I love it. Part of me wants to add the investments, and "property" to create an impressive net worth so that I can admire the grand total and abhor further spending.

6. anonymouschris

anonymouschris Well-Known Member

been using it a 1+ years now and i have everything entered in there so i can see my negative networth on a weekly basis.

7. keikun13

keikun13 Well-Known Member

I've checked it out, but being a student, I don't really have much use as I don't have a buttload of assets to keep track of.

8. gungadin25

gungadin25 Well-Known Member

I use Yodlee.com and think it is safe.

9. eqpablon

eqpablon Well-Known Member

I find it to be safe and useful.

10. nerdykarim

nerdykarim Well-Known Member

been using it a 1+ years now and i have everything entered in there so i can see my negative networth on a weekly basis.
    I sometimes get them to text my negative net worth to my phone every once in a while, too.

11. gdl203

gdl203 Well-Known Member

I use Yodlee.com and think it is safe.

I've been using yodlee for several years too

12. bigasahouse

bigasahouse Well-Known Member

I started to sign up for Mint, but when it started asking for all my account numbers and the passwords- I freaked and quit it immediately. I read the whole privacy reassurance spiel which sounded legit, but I was still uneasy.

Maybe it is safe, it just made me nervous.

13. thekunk07

thekunk07 Well-Known Member

this

I find it to be safe and useful.

14. Cavalier

I've checked it out, but being a student, I don't really have much use as I don't have a buttload of assets to keep track of.

One of the the main things I was interested in it for, was to have multiple bank accounts setup/budgeted on one site.

For example, one checking account that auto pays bills, and only has a bit more then necessary to cover these bills. Another checking account, "my main one", that transfers X dollars a month to the bill bank account and is used for other purchases. Also have a business checking account, to keep my eBay $$ separated from personal cash. Savings accounts, etc. etc.

15. maverick

maverick Well-Known Member

I do and definitely seems safe. I find it pretty useful but really only log in a few times a week... wish it was better for setting payment reminders and things like that.

Never heard of yodlee before - how does it compare to mint?

16. globetrotter

globetrotter Well-Known Member

how do they compare to just using quicken?

I was interested in Mint, and my wife was really against it, for the security reasons. I find it encouraging that greg and will are using these sites.

17. Cavalier

how do they compare to just using quicken?

I was interested in Mint, and my wife was really against it, for the security reasons. I find it encouraging that greg and will are using these sites.

Imagine your online banking website, but with all your accounts in one place and budgeting tools in one.

Mint takes all this information to put spending in to their respective categories-- and is surprisingly accurate at it. Only a few have to be changed each month. It let's you see balances in all of your account, and it updates it every day so that having multiple accounts no longer is a huge pain in the ass.

18. Mblova

Mblova Well-Known Member

Reviving an old thread. Want to see if Mint/Yodlee is still a popular choice.

19. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Well-Known Member

All of time and space, everything that ever was or
    I love Mint. It's a great service and I have yet to find something that works better. Good iPhone app too.

20. gort

gort Well-Known Member