• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Does Anyone like Prison Break?

aburrido

Reaction score
the TV show?
I have to say the story grows on you, doesnt it? Im getting new series on DVD (well the wifeyo is for my b-day...he he), it just came out (21st May aint it?) so i dont think anyone has got it? I always missed the episodes cause of getting in from work late, so please dont tell me what happens if anyone knows it!!!

I went on their site and i found a little game too. Perhaps not really brain challenging, but still entertaining. Site is http://www.tbagshand.co.uk/

Apart from all the blabbing, does anyone like the series?
laugh.gif
worship.gif

eg1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I enjoyed Season 1, but I am not sure where they go now in Season 2?

Violinist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aburrido
the TV show?
I have to say the story grows on you, doesnt it? Im getting new series on DVD (well the wifeyo is for my b-day...he he), it just came out (21st May aint it?) so i dont think anyone has got it? I always missed the episodes cause of getting in from work late, so please dont tell me what happens if anyone knows it!!!

I went on their site and i found a little game too. Perhaps not really brain challenging, but still entertaining. Site is http://www.tbagshand.co.uk/

Apart from all the blabbing, does anyone like the series?
laugh.gif
worship.gif

The first season is surprisingly good for network TV. It successfully creates a lot of tension... I seriously felt stressed out at times. I think HBO or Shotime could have done it a lot better, by not making it as PG-13.

The second season just got ridiculous and pretty stupid. It's going the way of Lost.

dapperdude

Reaction score
It turned into my favorite show this past season -- ahead of 24. Was it season 2? I didn't watch the previous season.

I've always enjoyed stories told from the point of view of the outlaw who is wrongly imprisoned or accused. That, plus the political conspiracy angle, and the interesting characters and subplots, make for a very thought-provoking and engaging show.

ghulkhan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dapperdude
It turned into my favorite show this past season -- ahead of 24. Was it season 2? I didn't watch the previous season.

I've always enjoyed stories told from the point of view of the outlaw who is wrongly imprisoned or accused. That, plus the political conspiracy angle, and the interesting characters and subplots, make for a very thought-provoking and engaging show.

Its become better then 24. Only because 24 went down hill and now sucks ass. I dont think Prison Break is that great either. Michael Scott has too many cliche one liners in the show. Im more of a Lost fan. This seasons finale was craaaazy.

aburrido

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dapperdude

Yes! I definately agree with you. I thought it was a pretty original idea overall, not so common as many other sitcoms/romcoms/friends reruns. Always thought it was a pretty clever idea for a show!

Southern-Nupe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Season 2, was actually pretty good, it was good to see them finally out of the prison and on the run, not to mention the conspiracy surrounding them. I was disappointed with the season finale, for the reason that they will be right back in the prison again, just in a different country.

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Spoilers I watched the first half of season 1 and loved it. The second half's string of wildly unlikely misfortunes designed to keep them in prison until the end of the season got more irksome with every episode I watched, but I watched anyway. When they finally got out and the old dude tells them about his buried treasure (wtf), I just stopped watching. When it gets to be so obvious that the writers are working solely to prolong a series rather than to tell a good story, I can't take the show seriously anymore.

Violinist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dusty
Spoilers

I watched the first half of season 1 and loved it. The second half's string of wildly unlikely misfortunes designed to keep them in prison until the end of the season got more irksome with every episode I watched, but I watched anyway. When they finally got out and the old dude tells them about his buried treasure (wtf), I just stopped watching. When it gets to be so obvious that the writers are working solely to prolong a series rather than to tell a good story, I can't take the show seriously anymore.

that's hilariously on the mark. At first it was cool, but then it got gay. Plus, prison with no swearing doesn't seem very authentic to me. They had ass ****, incredible violence, extortion and pretty much everything else, but no one can say "****"...

Just don't even waste time watching 2nd season. If bad writing bothers you, and Michael's "have a little faith" speech makes you want to die, then I wouldn't recommend it. I just watched them because I get bored late at night and need something to do. I won't watch the 3rd season... this show is almost worse than 24.

samb_88

Reaction score
it's boring and stupid now but i used to watch it just bcuz i wanted to know what wud happen in the end but now i don't give a sh*t.

ghulkhan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dusty
Spoilers

I watched the first half of season 1 and loved it. The second half's string of wildly unlikely misfortunes designed to keep them in prison until the end of the season got more irksome with every episode I watched, but I watched anyway. When they finally got out and the old dude tells them about his buried treasure (wtf), I just stopped watching. When it gets to be so obvious that the writers are working solely to prolong a series rather than to tell a good story, I can't take the show seriously anymore.

exactly...when they get out..its just a bunch of bullshit writing

Southern-Nupe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ghulkhan
exactly...when they get out..its just a bunch of bullshit writing
It's funny, because I felt that way when they were in the prison, it was like Giligans Island, something would come up each week to delay their escape. It was almost predictable.

oDD_LotS

Reaction score
Prison Break is one of a few shows I've never seen on TV, but recently decided to either watch in their entirety or at least get up-to-date on with some episodes I got online. I'm hooked! I got hooked on Lost, 24, and Scrubs the same way.

I can't say that I was thrilled with the conclusion of Season 2, but I still greatly enjoyed the season (though I think that the first season of most good shows is often my favorite, maybe due to the newness of the premise or the character development).

Southern-Nupe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It took me a minute to even realize that I was hooked, but I'll be interested to see how the 3rd season plays out.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads