1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

Does anyone know anything about Daniel Cremieux Signature Edition ties?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by isealbz, Feb 10, 2019.

1. isealbz

isealbz Member

I came across the following tie at Dillard's on sale for $42 (originally listed at $120):

The tie indicates that it is 100% silk, made in Italy, and part of a limited edition (152 out of 500). It is unlined, so I believe that it is a so-called "seven-fold tie."

At this point in my life, I ordinarily wouldn't spend more than $30 on a tie, but in this case, I couldn't resist, because it looked vastly superior to the other ties that I've come across in department stores.

Three questions:
    1. Does anyone know anything about these ties? I still have two days to return it and get my money back, so if it isn't worth the $42, I could do without it.
    2. I'm tentatively planning to wear this to a wedding next week with a navy suit and a white point collar shirt (from Brooks Brothers). I was considering a burgundy tie, but I'm thinking that the yellow might be more appropriate for a spring wedding. What do you all think?
    3. If I keep this tie, I could pair it with a pocket square that picks up on the blue stripes. Any recommendations?
    Thanks in advance!

2. tocohillsguy

tocohillsguy Senior Member

It is a fine tie. I can't tell you much about your tie except I own several Daniel Cremieux 7 fold ties that I like.