• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Does anyone know about Suitsbay

franz_sanchez

Reaction score
I came across this website Suits Bay. They have suits from brands like Armani, Prada, Gucci, Zegna, Canali, etc. all at super cheap price. I'm seing suits at $200-300 which seems like a really low price for many of these brands. They make is sound like they get the stuff from the Original Oem Factories and They purchase the Overage from the original designers orders. I'm guessing they are not selling fakes but those prices seem to good to be true. They make it sound like they are able to keep the costs down so they can offer these prices. I don't know how they could sell something like an Armani suit for around $250-300. They even have Canali and Zegna suits at those prices. It seems hard to believe they could offer stuff this cheap. http://www.suitsbay.com/

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Click on any suit, check the fabric. The ones I saw were all made from the same fabric with 15% polyester. It can't be right. If something's too good to be true, it probably is. I'd be scared to buy anything from them until someone here actually confirms they sell original goods.

franz_sanchez

Reaction score
Originally Posted by acecow
Click on any suit, check the fabric. The ones I saw were all made from the same fabric with 15% polyester. It can't be right. If something's too good to be true, it probably is. I'd be scared to buy anything from them until someone here actually confirms they sell original goods.

http://www.suitsbay.com/faq.html

If you read their FAQ they will tell you who they are and what they do. They make it sound like there someone like Marshall's or TJ Maxx in which they get extra stuff that was produced and not needed. Even Marshall's and TJ Maxx wouldn't be selling stuff at that cheap of price. I know if Marshall's ended up with suit from Zegna they would probably be selling it for $800 at least not $300.

tone76

Reaction score
Originally Posted by franz_sanchez
It seems hard to believe they could offer stuff this cheap
I don't think this site is kosher. 1. The domain name suitsbay.com is registered through 35.com, who are a Chinese based domain name registrar. 2. One of the payment methods is Western Union (a HUGE red flag right there). 3. There is no physical office/warehouse address listed for Suitsbay.com anywhere (yet another HUGE red flag). 4. There seems to be a little bit of Engrish on the site. Unless a lot of the big names mentioned on their site have suddenly started producing suits in China, I can't see their claims of dealing directly with OEMs holding much water. That said, I don't know what their suits are like. They could be very convincing knock-offs, but even a convincing knock-off is still a knock-off. Given that some of the suits claim to be a polyester/wool blend, I'm not holding my breath.

83glt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are these guys in China? I bet they are ... The FAQ's indicate that whoever wrote it up is not a native English speaker. No phone service? Only 24 hour email response? Me say China. Someone should send an email asking about details such as canvassing, hand-tailoring, etc., detailed questions to see what the sellers claim to be offering.

If you look at the Zegna shirts for example, and zoom in, you can see that the buttons are plastic, not mother of pearl. Most Zegna shirts I've seen have MOP buttons, certainly their higher end lines do. Maybe these are the lowest level quality Zegna makes, but still, plastic buttons? I'm not so sure. If their shirts are suspect, I'd think the same applies to their suits.

clintonf

Reaction score
I've just visited the site. My first warning was when I got an alert from my anti-spyware program (Spy Sweeper) telling me that it's blocking communications to some aspects of the site.

I use FireFox and have this add-on called "NoScript" which disables many aspects of a website which uses scripts and flash videos to play. It's a pain some of the time. However, it means that you can visit most sites and prevent stuff from automatically being downloaded onto your computer.

Right, getting this out of the way, I looked at the shirts (the suits are more difficult to identify as they do not really have the labels showing).

1. I looked at the Gucci shirts first.

This is a picture from the site:

sh0058.jpg

Then, I've found some random gucci shirts from ebay.co.uk.

!B9IiY8wEGk~$(KGrHqZ,!iQEzNkeqbgZBM46-fGkBw~~_12.JPG
!B89TP6QBGk~$(KGrHqEOKjEEzN,MNfq!BM4,4ZWcw!~~0_3.JPG
!B80yVT!EGk~$(KGrHqR,!lcEy+jCyFGmBM4EfpN0qQ~~0_3.JPG
!B9MDRMwBWk~$(KGrHqF,!h8EzLYyqcq7BM5DrYr-D!~~_12.JPG

Just be looking at the font used in the name "Gucci", you should be clearly able to see the difference between the eBay one's and the SuitsBay.

2. I then looked at the Armani shirts. I've included two from the site for reference:

sh0030.jpg
sh0059.jpg

I'm not going to bother looking for examples from elsewhere. I will state for anyone who's interested in purchasing "Giorgio Armani" branded items (not Emporio Armani or Armani Jeans). This includes:

Giorgio Armani
Armani Collezioni

THE EAGLE IS NOT ASSOCIATED WITH THE ARMANI BRAND NAME - IF YOU SEE ANYTHING BRANDED ARMANI (see exclusions) AND IT HAS AN EAGLE, it is either over 30 years old or IT'S A FAKE!!!!

Once, I've observed a fake on the site, I'm gone!!! The likelihood is that the whole site consists of fakes.

I'm not trying to patronising, just helpful. You MUST know your fashion brands if your going to buy from an "unauthorised" source.

When I purchased Armani from eBay, I called up one of the stores to discuss the authenticity of what i'd bought (which was clearly a fake - I just didn't know any different).

I hope this helps?

Clint

uhurit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
THE EAGLE IS NOT ASSOCIATED WITH THE ARMANI BRAND NAME - IF YOU SEE ANYTHING BRANDED ARMANI (see exclusions) AND IT HAS AN EAGLE, it is either over 30 years old or IT'S A FAKE!!!!

+1...that's a telltale sign right there... Fake

83glt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^That Gucci shirt is such a terrible fake. I can't believe people put time money and effort into making bad copies. Then again, it seems to be working for the Chinese...

Richdog

Reaction score
Anyone who seriously think that site is even remotely legit deserves to be scammed. There's a reason why the old saying "If it looks too good to be true, then it probably is." was drummed into me as a child. Seriously people, use your grey matter.
smile.gif

pabloslab

Reaction score
Luckily we have the Internet and free information available to us to stop us making stupid decisions. Another red flag is their terrible lack of tailoring and offering variations of suit length (all regular it seems). Yet another red flag is that they have a stock of exactly the same number of suits throughout their sizes. You would never never never see this is in an authetic retail store. EMS, their delivery method, is Chinese. The terrible grammar used throughout the site is typical of Chinese- see FAQ section. There are countless Chinese online clothing companies like this- search abercrombie and see how many knock off chinese floggers you can find.

Avoid!

LandofLivingSkies

Reaction score
Hello, be extremely cautious dealing with Suitsbay! They claim they sell "surplus stock" from the original brand name factories at huge discounts. On an impulse I placed an order for about $600.00 for a so-called Prada suit and several accessories. The instant I made the purchase I realized what a fool I was. C'mon, no-one sells real Prada suits for $300.00! On my credit card statement the following vendor appeared: WWW.VALUEVERY.COM BEIJING (Check out the url. The same photos of the so-called brand name suits from Suitsbay are on this other site too. But now they appear under the Value Every brand. That's pretty much irrefutable evidence of Suitsbay's deception) I immediately cancelled my order and Suitsbay promised me a full refund. That was several months ago and they have yet to actually refund my money. I filed a case through Visa Disputes and am still trying to get that refund. I do not know if Suitsbay's frankly fraudulent and criminal conduct towards me is an isolated incident or a systematic scheme, but I urge you not to find out for yourself. Steer clear and spread the word. I am considering setting up a site to warn unsuspecting potential customers. That was 2 costly lessons learned. 1) If something sounds too good to be true, it probably is. And that is 10x more true on the internet! 2) Even as an adult I can still be a total sucker.

Flartchy

Reaction score
You mean I can't get an Armani suit for $239??? What's this world comming to??

Great internet deals are like beautiful women. If it's love at first sight, keep one eye on your wallet.

I highly doubt there would be such 'overages' of 42R Armani suits that they'd slash prices to $239. Maybe if there were a few in 34L or other weird sizes with giant blood stains on the crotch then MAYBE.

suitupshop

Reaction score
They are not a legit company... This is a chinese made suit from a factory, and the fabric is probably more like 70% polyester... If you are looking for a deal stick to made to measure company's who tailor in the U.S.. Right now I am in the process of building my site suitupshop.com and am offering a full made to measure service. I have three grades of tailoring Including a full canvas bench made suit.. I offer all of the high end fabrics from the finest mills.. and my suits start at $495... I know I am not a well know company yet, but hope to build a good reputation..... I am open to working with anyone and all different budgets... email me and we can discuss a little more...

P.s My site is bare bones right now, please forgive me... But its an idea of what I offer...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads