• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

does anyone here have a suit made with scabal heroic fabric?

random512

Reaction score
I need a new navy suit. I like VBC fabrics but they don't have a good navy. They have a few options but they're either too blue or too black. Scabal has a good navy and I think all their fabrics are high quality 2x2 but they are pricier. Scabal's Heroic 100's collection is their least expensive collection I think.

Does anyone here have a suit made with Scabal Heroic fabric? My tailor sent me the Heroic swatch book but I'd like to see how a full suit made from the material drapes as worn.

David Reeves

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It is right that Scabal is more expensive than VBC, it is a cut above really. I haven't used it myself but I do carry it, have you looked at Eton and classics? Eton is a bit light and is a 130 even though it's light I always impressed with its drape.

random512

Reaction score
Thanks David. Have you made suits in both Heroic as well as Eton? Sounds like you're a fan of Eton. Do you have any pics of a suit made in Eton? Does Heroic look like a step down? Heroic is Scabal's entry level offering and is only 100x2 which is pretty low, I usually go VBC 140's. Based on your positive remark about Eton, I'm wondering if it's worth paying the extra $$$ for Eton over Heroic?

David Reeves

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks David. Have you made suits in both Heroic as well as Eton? Sounds like you're a fan of Eton. Do you have any pics of a suit made in Eton? Does Heroic look like a step down? Heroic is Scabal's entry level offering and is only 100x2 which is pretty low, I usually go VBC 140's. Based on your positive remark about Eton, I'm wondering if it's worth paying the extra $$$ for Eton over Heroic?

Im not sure if I have used heroic, maybe I haven't.

I would say Eton is good for more "basic" or "wardrobe builder suits" and I don't take pictures of those kinds of suits so much, I have been accused of doing outlandish colors in tailoring but really I wonder, how many navy or charcoal suits do people want to see? So I only have one picture of an Eton suit made up:

random512

Reaction score
Thanks David. Good perspective on "wardrobe builder" fabric. VBC 140's seems to hang better than Eton 130's.

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find a VBC navy that I like. I've found VBC navy to either be too blue or too black. For example, I wasn't able to find a VBC navy that was approximately the same as a navy blazer.

Scabal does a good job with navy but I agree that the Eton fabric quality doesn't seem to "pop." Do you have any pics of suits made with Scabal "Londoner" fabric?

Also, can you recommend any other particular fabrics that are high quality, drape well and are approximately the same shade of navy as a navy blazer? Scabal Londoner is pretty pricey. It's not out of range but I'd be willing to settle for a fabric which was almost as good but cost a couple hundred less.

Last edited:

David Reeves

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find a VBC navy that I like. I've found VBC navy to either be too blue or too black. For example, I wasn't able to find a VBC navy that was approximately the same as a navy blazer.

Scabal does a good job with navy but I agree that the Eton fabric quality doesn't seem to "pop." Do you have any pics of suits made with Scabal "Londoner" fabric?

Also, can you recommend any other particular fabrics that are high quality, drape well and are approximately the same shade of navy as a navy blazer? Scabal Londoner is pretty pricey. It's not out of range but I'd be willing to settle for a fabric which was almost as good but cost a couple hundred less.[/quote]

Shouldn't you be asking your tailor questions like this? Haha!

Have you had a look at Escorial?
http://www.escorialgroup.com/discover-escorial.html

Last edited:

random512

Reaction score
Thanks David. I sent a request to Escorial for high-res fabric pics. Hopefully they have some posted or can post some. Do you have any pics of suits made from Escorial that you could share?

The only media I could find online of Scabal Londoner is this video clip: . The fabric seems to be high quality and supple but hard to really tell without seeing it made as a suit.

Last edited:

David Reeves

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks David. I sent a request to Escorial for high-res fabric pics. Hopefully they have some posted or can post some. Do you have any pics of suits made from Escorial that you could share?

The only media I could find online of Scabal Londoner is this video clip: . The fabric seems to be high quality and supple but hard to really tell without seeing it made as a suit.

I do not, I am making my first one now in a blazer, only have these fit pictures that I take for reference so far.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads