• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Does anyone hear own or use a CB radio?

thetieguy

Reaction score
Does anyone here own or use a Cb radio? I found one at a garage sale by my house for only a few bucks. It seems kinda cool to have one. I don't know how much I use it, but it seems like it would be cool to listen to truckers talk. I could give myself a cool handle as well. Should I get it?

hossoso

Coward and P*ssy
Reaction score
That's a big 1040, good buddy.

Reaction score
I haven't even seen a CB Radio in at least ten years, but I used to have a lot of fun with them. Once, my friends and I were talking to this older gent over the airwaves and we went and visited him at his "house" which was really his parent's garage; he had a huuuuge antenna and a map on his wall had tacks that indicated the far-off places that he managed to contact. Things got creepy quick, but that's part of growing up, I guess.

My dad, incidentally, always had a CB Radio, along with a police radio scanner thing, and a radar detector. His handle was NOOKIE MONSTER.

thetieguy

Reaction score
Is there a channel that is commonly used for general chat or is it a matter of searching and listening?

Reaction score
it is a matter of fumbling around; only the police/emergency channel is off limits. some folks camp out on certain frequencies.

dl20

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Police and fire frequencies arent picked up on Cb radios. I have one in each of my cars with a magetic antenna along with a radar detector, scanner and soon to be installed laser jammer. Speed traps are also programmed into my GPS to id VASCAR lines and known speed traps. channels 9 and 19 are for truckers who sometimes call out bacon waiting to nab speeders.

dl

hossoso

Coward and P*ssy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by carlhuber
crackup[1].gif
I'm pretty sure that's just 10-4.

1040 is an IRS form, yeah?

No, a 1040 is when you're getting a ******* from an Indonesian midget ****** while driving down route 66 to deliver some veggie patties to a Subway and you're a half hour late. A 10-4 is seeing how long you can do the handjive from Grease without anybody spotting you...while driving 80 in a 55. There is also something about Amarillo, Texas in there, and son, make sure you pronounce both of the l's in Amarillo.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads