Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Does anyone have experience with John H Daniel MTM?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Redbird13, Jul 22, 2012.

1. Redbird13

Redbird13 Active Member

I recently discovered that my tailor outsources MTM clothing to a company called John H Daniel. There are a couple of old topics concerning said company, but they didn't contain too much information and I'd like to see if anyone has recent experience (quality, styling, etc).

I am planning on commissioning a blazer, but I'm torn between my tailor (who uses a company I've never heard of) and Thick as Thieves. Any advice?

2. GBR

GBR Senior member

Probably neither.

Sadly shops merely fronting for factories is all to common. In the UK Wensum even offers to 'train' people to act as agents for allegedly bespoke garments . They thuis claim to be Bespoke Tailors when they are nothing of the sort. Others doubtless do as well - Cheshire Tailoring comes to mind.

3. TheWraith

TheWraith Senior member

Check the Daniels website, they have plenty of info there.

Tomas Soliz uses Daniel for his MTM clothing. I've had one suit made by them, and it turned out quite well. All Made in the USA, too.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2012

4. suitupshop

suitupshop Active Member

Thanks Frank.. was a pleasure doing business with you..

@RedBird13.. JHD makes a great suit, from the opening price point to the Benchmade suit.. Not to take anything from T.A.T.. but they are two totally different styles.. JHD has a nice classic cut, and its made in the U.S, I use them for some of my clients..

If you want to P.M I can give you a little more details..

Regards