• We would like to welcome Arterton as an official Affiliate Vendor. Arterton, based in the UK, specializes in fine accessories such as garment bags, umbrellas, and shoe care, as well as fine shoes and boots from Yearn Footwear Please visit their thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Does anyone have any experience with Charles Tyrwhitt mtm suits or shirts?

TexasToast

Reaction score
Today I went into a CT in NYC and see advertising for mtm suits and shirt's. This is new to me but the clerk tells me that they have been doing mtm for a couple of years now.I'd like to know if anyone has any experience with their mtm suits & shirts before I try them out thanks.

Last edited:

prof.contingency

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
They are a British "high-street" chain that sources their items from everywhere. Whilst they used to be UK-made, they are now primarily from India, China, and Vietnam -- which is not to say that they are bad.

I can't speak to their suiting, but I heard that, generally, their shirts are okay value, especially when on sale and compared to other UK options. I don't know how they are priced in the USA -- so their value proposition may not apply.

TexasToast

Reaction score
Thanks for the information, I'm not sure how much the shirts are but suits start at $549 USD.

VegasRebel

Reaction score
They often run a 4/$199 on RTW shirts in the US. On sales, they've recently run 4/$149 shirt sales. A year or so ago they ran a 4/$129 on Cyber Monday, but I assume the bit more is an increase along with seemingly everything else. I have several of their shirts and I like them for the price.

I haven't placed any MTM orders, but I imagine they'd be roughly the same quality, Their website quotes $99 for MTM shirts, but possibly they have sales like their RTW options. maybe just with a bit better fit.

I also have one of their sport jackets that I picked up in store that I rather like. I have not bought any of their suits or pants, though I hear their trousers are not great.

TexasToast

Reaction score
They often run a 4/$199 on RTW shirts in the US. On sales, they've recently run 4/$149 shirt sales. A year or so ago they ran a 4/$129 on Cyber Monday, but I assume the bit more is an increase along with seemingly everything else. I have several of their shirts and I like them for the price.

I haven't placed any MTM orders, but I imagine they'd be roughly the same quality, Their website quotes $99 for MTM shirts, but possibly they have sales like their RTW options. maybe just with a bit better fit.

I also have one of their sport jackets that I picked up in store that I rather like. I have not bought any of their suits or pants, though I hear their trousers are not great.
I've taken advantage of some of the sales, Wow I have to check on the mtm shirt prices when I go into the store. I will check out the sports jackets as well thanks for the info.

Featured Sponsor

Pocket square on a coat: yes or no?

• Yes

Votes: 9 14.3%
  • No

Votes: 41 65.1%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 13 20.6%