• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Does Anyone Have A Samuesohn Tuxedo...Shoulder Question

athletics

Reaction score
My Samuelsohn tuxedo order will be sent in next week and I saw on their website they have some new pictures of their jackets. I see the tuxedo and I am worried the shoulders may not look like what I want.

I am not familiar with what most people would call this shoulder style, but the sleeves look higher than the shoulder. Is that classic for a tux or is it just how some people do it? I attached the tux which is the Austin, but I think I like the second picture more which is the Greenwich.

Does anyone have some Samuelsohn jackets or even their tuxedo? I would love your thoughts.

Sander

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's seen on the first pic is what you call a "roped" shoulder. Just do a search for it.

AlanC

Minister of Trad
Reaction score
I would assume that Samuelsohn would offer dinner jackets in various models corresponding to their suits. Can't you simply specify you want it in a Greenwich?

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
As Mr. Sand sand, it's a roped shoulder. There's nothing about a tuxedo that either requires or bars it. Since you're ordering, either do as Alan said and specify that it be made in accordance with a model you like or make sure you specify that you don't want the shoulders roped or rolled.

athletics

Reaction score
Originally Posted by AlanC
Can't you simply specify you want it in a Greenwich?

I will go back tomorrow and check their models. Over the phone they said the roped shoulder isn't as visible in person. I mostly want to avoid having the sleeves come up higher than the lowest part of the shoulder.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads