1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Does Anyone Eat Sloppy Joes Anymore?

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by willpower, Feb 27, 2011.

1. RSS

RSS Senior member

I have my own version made with leftover steak or pork loin and homemade bbq sauce.

2. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

eatin one now. fantastic

3. pvrhye

pvrhye Senior member

Which ingredients are unavailable in Asia?

In Korea, they're available, but I don't want a 15 dollar sloppy joe.

4. Monaco

Monaco Senior member

Going to make sloppy joe's tomorrow, maybe throw some coleslaw in there too for veggies and crunch.

5. Dakota rube

Dakota rube Senior member

A bit better than yesterday, all day vomiting for
    Made a batch of Maid-Rites for myself tonight.
    Yum.

6. JoelF

JoelF Senior member

When I was a kid I thought chicken a la king was absolutely the best thing ever. My mom was such a horrible cook that something out of a Stouffer's pouch seemed like a gift from God. Years later I was hanging out with Peruvians and they make this dish called aji de gallina, it is basically shredded chicken in yellow sauce with some peppers added. So I was like yummm pollo a la king, wonderful stuff.

7. Xericx

Xericx Senior member

thing about them is they don't really fill you up...you have to eat a lot of them but yeah they're good.

8. willpower

willpower Senior member

Never had one. Is the flavor like chili or something? They always looked like leftover spaghetti sauce on a hamburger bun to me.
    Sort of. Not as spicy as Chili, not as tomato-ey as spaghetti sauce.
    When I was a kid I thought chicken a la king was absolutely the best thing ever. My mom was such a horrible cook that something out of a Stouffer's pouch seemed like a gift from God. Years later I was hanging out with Peruvians and they make this dish called aji de gallina, it is basically shredded chicken in yellow sauce with some peppers added. So I was like yummm pollo a la king, wonderful stuff.
    Same here. Stouffer's Chicken Ala King and French Bread Pizzas were my staple foods as a kid. And that apple sauce-like dessert in TV Dinners was my first introduction to volcanic magma.

9. JoelF

JoelF Senior member

Sort of. Not as spicy as Chili, not as tomato-ey as spaghetti sauce.
    Same here. Stouffer's Chicken Ala King and French Bread Pizzas were my staple foods as a kid. And that apple sauce-like dessert in TV Dinners was my first introduction to volcanic magma.

Ahhhh TV dinners man, when she started serving those instead of the crap she made herself, life almost became worth living.