1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Does anyone actually pay full price for neck ties?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by ChicagoJohn, Oct 8, 2009.

1. porcelain monkey

porcelain monkey Senior member

Like everything in my closet, it depends. If I see the perfect tie at a place such as Bergdorf Goodman or Sid Mashburn (when I am in Atlanta), I will buy it for full price. If I see some nice ties that I like, but don't feel I need right away, I'll wait for a sale. This works well at Ralph Lauren, for example, where things can be had for half off or less. I have also found ties at Filenes Basement and other cut rate places, but you have to sort through a lot of junk.

2. HHD

HHD Senior member

Yes. I have a couple of Drakes ties I've paid full whack for, as well as a few more I've found in sales.

They're not outrageously expensive, and the classic/boring colours and patterns I prefer don't end up discounted very often.

3. luftvier

luftvier Senior member

If you're going to take the time to accent "Hermès," you might as well use the right kind of accent and put it on the right syllable.
    French is a language that I intentionally bastardize. [​IMG]

4. Bounder

Bounder Senior member

Only from Carlo Franco.

Apparently there's a really long waiting list, too. But I'm sure it will be worth it.

5. academe

academe Senior member

Yes; I have most of my ties made now, so there really isn't the option of a discount.

6. distant virtue

distant virtue New Member

I pay full price for little or nothing in terms of shirts and ties. Like many on here I suspect I have a decent wardrobe in terms of quality and quantity as it is and don't "need" anything so won't allow myself be ripped off and full price marque ties are rip offs more often than not.

Shirts and ties I usually buy in the 3 or 4 for whatever Jermyn St. ( Lewin/H&H ) deals or when in Rome where one can find great deals in the streets off Via dei Condotti if not on the street itself.

I'm comfortable enough to be well dressed butnot rich enough to subsidise the fanciful full prices for Canali etc. No sir.