• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Does anybody on here drive 30" monitor ?

Christofuh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Apparently @ max rez 2560 x 1600 all picture controls become disabled.
The only thing not defeated is going to be Brightness.
So as a walk-around they suggest either using your video card controls, or buying a dedicated software program and running that to adjust picture quality (Gawd help ya figuring the latter out).

username79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Christofuh
Apparently @ max rez 2560 x 1600 all picture controls become disabled. The only thing not defeated is going to be Brightness. So as a walk-around they suggest either using your video card controls, or buying a dedicated software program and running that to adjust picture quality (Gawd help ya figuring the latter out).
No ****. I have the 3007WFP-HC. Just brightness. What do you need to adjust ("picture quality?") so badly that you cannot do with the video card? Plug it in, get a color calibrator, calibrate color, be happy. What am I missing here? Here, I took a screenshot of the most basic Nvidia control panel settings for you:
nvidiasl8.jpg

Christofuh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm on ATI RADEON which lacks sharpness control.
Other than that I oughta be able to tweak much of the rest of the stuff.
BTW, the image on 3007WFP-HC looks like dogshit outta the box.
The 3008WFP presumably offers full control; video engine and a crapload of ports.
For 2 large though
devil.gif

username79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Christofuh
I'm on ATI RADEON which lacks sharpness control.

What do you need this for when it can be done in any software where you would need it?

visionology

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I thought you were supposed to have a special video card to run the 30" monitors?

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by visionology
I thought you were supposed to have a special video card to run the 30" monitors?

You need two DVI outputs to drive 30-inch monitors because their resolution exceeds the bandwidth of one DVI output. So you have to use two cards each with one DVI, one card with two DVIs, or one card with a dual-DVI port (dual-DVI has one physical DVI connector over which two separate DVI links are carried by adding more pins).

--Andre

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mine's about 2m long.

BMU%20Komodo%20Island%20Komodo%20dragon%20gargantuan%20monitor%20lizard%20%209%203008x2000.jpg

KBW

Reaction score

Christofuh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by A Y
You need two DVI outputs to drive 30-inch monitors because their resolution exceeds the bandwidth of one DVI output. So you have to use two cards each with one DVI, one card with two DVIs, or one card with a dual-DVI port (dual-DVI has one physical DVI connector over which two separate DVI links are carried by adding more pins).

--Andre

You PC has to have dual-link DVI-D graphics card which supports 2560x1600 resolution.
I could get a new Gateway 30" @ $700 discount but passed. There was a certain flatness to the image. Though it did come with a top-notch video processor.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics