• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 5: Good Art HLYWD rosette courtesy of Self Edge

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 5th auction is for a custom Good Art HLYWD bracelet courtesy of Self Edge. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Does anybody on here drive 30" monitor ?

Christofuh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Apparently @ max rez 2560 x 1600 all picture controls become disabled.
The only thing not defeated is going to be Brightness.
So as a walk-around they suggest either using your video card controls, or buying a dedicated software program and running that to adjust picture quality (Gawd help ya figuring the latter out).

username79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Christofuh
Apparently @ max rez 2560 x 1600 all picture controls become disabled. The only thing not defeated is going to be Brightness. So as a walk-around they suggest either using your video card controls, or buying a dedicated software program and running that to adjust picture quality (Gawd help ya figuring the latter out).
No shit. I have the 3007WFP-HC. Just brightness. What do you need to adjust ("picture quality?") so badly that you cannot do with the video card? Plug it in, get a color calibrator, calibrate color, be happy. What am I missing here? Here, I took a screenshot of the most basic Nvidia control panel settings for you:

Christofuh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm on ATI RADEON which lacks sharpness control.
Other than that I oughta be able to tweak much of the rest of the stuff.
BTW, the image on 3007WFP-HC looks like dogshit outta the box.
The 3008WFP presumably offers full control; video engine and a crapload of ports.
For 2 large though

username79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Christofuh
I'm on ATI RADEON which lacks sharpness control.

What do you need this for when it can be done in any software where you would need it?

visionology

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I thought you were supposed to have a special video card to run the 30" monitors?

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by visionology
I thought you were supposed to have a special video card to run the 30" monitors?

You need two DVI outputs to drive 30-inch monitors because their resolution exceeds the bandwidth of one DVI output. So you have to use two cards each with one DVI, one card with two DVIs, or one card with a dual-DVI port (dual-DVI has one physical DVI connector over which two separate DVI links are carried by adding more pins).

--Andre

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mine's about 2m long.

KBW

Reaction score
Originally Posted by why
Mine's about 2m long.

Can I buy one of these?

Christofuh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by A Y
You need two DVI outputs to drive 30-inch monitors because their resolution exceeds the bandwidth of one DVI output. So you have to use two cards each with one DVI, one card with two DVIs, or one card with a dual-DVI port (dual-DVI has one physical DVI connector over which two separate DVI links are carried by adding more pins).

--Andre

You PC has to have dual-link DVI-D graphics card which supports 2560x1600 resolution.
I could get a new Gateway 30" @ $700 discount but passed. There was a certain flatness to the image. Though it did come with a top-notch video processor.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 27 3.5%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 137 17.5%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 255 32.6%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 123 15.7%
  • 31 - 40