• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Does any anyone like Zara brand?

armaniwang07

Reaction score
I never had Zara brand clothing. I know, it was Spanish designer brands. Is it same level as J Crew, Banana Republic, Kenneth Cole, and etc. Tell me about their brand. I am eye shopping at the Zara store. I never bought clothes their store. Too ugly! Cheap look!

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
If you "never bought clothes their store" which I assume means you never bought anything from their store because its "too ugly" and "cheap look" then that's what matters most isn't it?

perusingnature

Reaction score
you're calling out zara for having a cheap look and being ugly, but at the same time asking if their clothing is on par with j crew, banana republic, and kenneth cole? you've already come to that conclusion on your own apparently. if not, make the comparison yourself since you're at the store.

Patrician

Reaction score
Is J Crew really as bad as Zara?

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Zara has some pretty fashion forward clothing, however they also have some more classical styling as well. The quality is not too great. I have a double breasted trench from Zara and the buttons started falling out after 3 wears. Kind of annoying to get them sewn back in. I also have 2 shirts from Zara and the fit is pretty good, nice and slim, however the fabric leaves a bit to be desired.

If you can get stuff on sale it's not too bad for a while, just don't expect pieces to last more than 1-2 years.

Skanstull

Reaction score
I have several merino wool and cashmere sweaters that I think are very good value. Also, shirts with very nice (slim) fit.

Good design with a quality that obviously can't be top notch due to the price.

CharlesAlexander

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Zara isnt as bad as some make it out to be. Their quality isn't the best, but they do have some nice looking shirts and slacks.

It's a good buy on sale, but don't expect it to last too long.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Poor quality, good fits. Has its limited place in a wardrobe.

dopamine

Reaction score
I found a jacket that I actually liked a lot at Zara from their Zara Man collection. Unfortunately, it was priced at $250, and for that price, I'd rather buy something nicer. Also unfortunately, I haven't found anything else like it.

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dopamine
I found a jacket that I actually liked a lot at Zara from their Zara Man collection. Unfortunately, it was priced at $250, and for that price, I'd rather buy something nicer. Also unfortunately, I haven't found anything else like it.

That's how I've felt with most of their coats for this season. If they go on sale for 40% off or more I'd definitely be all over them.

JR88

Reaction score
Originally Posted by CharlesAlexander
Zara isnt as bad as some make it out to be. Their quality isn't the best, but they do have some nice looking shirts and slacks.

As with many brands, quality varies greatly from item to item so it's really not possible to sum it up. But for what it's worth, my black corduroy sportcoat has had probably 50-75 wearings in the two years since I purchased it, including some travel days. Still looks good as new; no noticeable wear.

There's no comparison between Zara and the American makes the OPer mentions (J Crew, BR, etc.) Those have gone downhill fast in the last five years or so.

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

+1

Definitely not great quality but for the price and the fit, certain items can't be beat.

Wes Bourne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Originally Posted by MetroStyles
Poor quality, good fits. Has its limited place in a wardrobe.

Originally Posted by embowafa
+1

Definitely not great quality but for the price and the fit, certain items can't be beat.

+ 1 on all counts. Best slim fitting affordable OTR dress shirts. Shirt tails could be a bit longer. I stick with the solid colors; the woven fabrics on their patterned dress shirts look/feel cheap.

Recoil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Zara has a great Otr fit and great modern cut that don't look too trashy. You just need to sift through a bit of eurotrash clubware to get the good stuff. Definitely a 1 or 2 season life due to the quality but for the price and when on sale it's not bad.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads