Documentary: Wordplay

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Margaret, Jul 10, 2006.

1. Margaret

Margaret Senior member

2. rdawson808

rdawson808 Senior member

I usually hate documentaries (Mad Hot Ballroom being the only exception up to this point), but this looks good. Could be because I'm addicted to crosswords also. I use a pen.

b

3. Margaret

Margaret Senior member

I usually hate documentaries (Mad Hot Ballroom being the only exception up to this point), but this looks good. Could be because I'm addicted to crosswords also. I use a pen.

b

My girlfriend and I always do the NYTimes' Sunday puzzle, but I haven't done a daily in years. I think I figured out six or seven clues in a Saturday puzzle once. [​IMG]

I'll have to check out Mad Hot Ballroom -- it's one of those films I'd been meaning to see and never got around to...

4. rdawson808

rdawson808 Senior member

I can't do the Saturdays. They are simply too hard--I haven't tried one in years. I buy collections of NYTimes x-words so I have them around. Usually they are collections of Sunday puzzles so they have that wide variety in difficulty. I wish I could find a collection of like Wed puzzles or something. [​IMG]

bob

5. Margaret

Margaret Senior member

I can't do the Saturdays. They are simply too hard--I haven't tried one in years. I buy collections of NYTimes x-words so I have them around. Usually they are collections of Sunday puzzles so they have that wide variety in difficulty. I wish I could find a collection of like Wed puzzles or something. [​IMG]

bob

I love the Sundays -- they're just challenging enough to make me feel a bit clever, unlike the Saturdays, which leave me feeling like a complete know-nothing.

Do you ever do the NYT's Sunday Acrostics puzzle? We just recently started getting into those too -- they can be fun.