• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Doc's periodic pointer to items of potential interest elsewhere

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Ever so often, I come across an item that might be of interest to forumites but that does not warrant its own thread. Henceforth, I will post them here. You are welcome to do the same, though you will not get to bask in the glory of having your name in the thread title.

First up: An AAAC member showcases his new Henry Poole Norfolk here. There is a closer picture of it on a mannequin earlier in the thread, here.

The thread itself is largely praise and then, in later pages, takes an unfortunate turn toward intraforum bickering. Would not read again. But the coat is interesting, and we don't see as much SR stuff as I'd like.

I. Gentantithesis

Reaction score
Excellent idea Doc!

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by I. Gentantithesis
Purported Style Forum "elite", Deauville meet, post Swatch-Swap'n'Fondle, pre Group-Grope. 'Monsieur', le magazine de l'Homme elegant www.monsieur.fr
Does the fact that I think Andy's is a shell of itself really hurt your feelings that badly? I'm shocked you're still on about this. When was our exchange? Six months ago? My comments really weren't meant as a personal affront. If you like the current state of AA, great. Why should you care what I think about it? I've always liked you, I.G., in your various guises. You've offered us some great information, and I've complimented you on that before. But that you seem to have gotten so knotted up over my opinion about an online clothing forum baffles me.

Chips

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice idea, hopefully not derailed at the start with a pissing match.

I like that coat as well Doc, but wouldn't dare to try to pull it off myself.

ZON_JR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
The thread itself is largely praise and then, in later pages, takes an unfortunate turn toward intraforum bickering. Would not read again. But the coat is interesting, and we don't see as much SR stuff as I'd like.

Cruiser compares the $4,000 bespoke jacket to his (free) Army uniform. It just doesn't get any better than that.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Chips
I like that coat as well Doc, but wouldn't dare to try to pull it off myself.
Ditto.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ZON_JR
Cruiser compares the $4,000 bespoke jacket to his (free) Army uniform. It just doesn't get any better than that.
Rich!

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Would a vintage unused art deco vanity box in mint condition be an item of potential interest?

It's not real art deco ( since it was made in the early 1970s and not the 1930s ) but I tracked down the maker, who made exclusive items in the early 1970s.

Like a lot of my stuff it has a fascinating history. I'll photograph it tonight if anyone wants to see it.

I. Gentantithesis

Reaction score
OK, here's the unabridged, original, flippant, inane Post #2 humorously referencing an amorphous cadre of assumed toffs:

Purported Style Forum "elite", Deauville meet, post Swatch-Swap'n'Fondle, pre Group-Grope. 'Monsieur', le magazine de l'Homme elegant www.monsieur.fr
MontyPython_04.jpg

Should anyone else perceive personal umbrage in the above feel free to egg the screen. Enjoy your ad hominem catharsis.

(The archives of this venue will likely not reveal a direct address to DH. Much less are there instances of hostile, harassing aspersions. To the best of my knowledge, the latter applies throughout cyberspace, t'ain't me way or nature. Have a nice day!)

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I.G., I don't mean to suggest you've harassed me personally, just that the derision of AA seems to have stuck in your craw. This isn't your first dig at the SF "elite," either here or AA. And that's fine; you're entitled to your opinion, same as I am to mine. But for the life of me, I can't understand what in this thread should have prompted such a response. I didn't criticize AA in it, and, as far as I can recall, haven't said anything at all about Andy's lately. But for whatever reason, you felt compelled to urinate in a thread that was meant to be helpful. I didn't get it, and I still don't.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads