• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do You...?

Larry Lean

Reaction score
LOL!

And we're on page 2...

I owe J. for this so I'll shop via one of his links above next time I use STP or whoever.

Fair's fair.

dopey

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Larry Lean
... Think I should post on 'Ask andy About Trad' under the name 'Russell Street 2' and not bother you on your forum with any of my rubbish?

If elected to Andy's forum I will never post here again. Promise.

And nor will any of my 6 SF sock puppets.

In addition I will never mention SF again or any of its members in any context.

It will be as if I didn't exist.

Worth it, surely?

Vote now - Vote 'Go Away Larry to AAAT'.

You know I make scents.

Russell.

I think you should continue to post here as Larry Lean. I would hate to see your efforts to do whatever it is you do diluted further by having to maintain another active personality. Let Larry Lean flourish. Don't let Russell drain his life away.

Larry Lean

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dopey
I think you should continue to post here as Larry Lean. I would hate to see your efforts to do whatever it is you do diluted further by having to maintain another active personality. Let Larry Lean flourish. Don't let Russell drain his life away.

So shoot me - I like Dopey!

No harm in telling my chum D. that I'm actually a team of very bored people, hence the high post count wherever 'I' go.

I quite like the fact that I don't exist... It makes everything even more pointless than it already is...

I wish I knew what all this was - It isn't Zen, but it must be something at least equally abstract...

What a world!

'R'.

dopey

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
So shoot me - I like Dopey!

No harm in telling my chum D. that I'm actually a team of very bored people, hence the high post count wherever 'I' go.

I quite like the fact that I don't exist... It makes everything even more pointless than it already is...

I wish I knew what all this was - It isn't Zen, but it must be something at least equally abstract...

What a world!

'R'.

I would be most interested in a controlled experiment where you populate an entire forum with yourselves. See how many hits you can get without anyone else posting.

If you can get two of them going simultaneously, you can see if drawing in one or two real people causes it to do better than just talking to yourself.

Surely this would be more important than anything Al Gore has done.

Larry Lean

Reaction score
"Gomez" does all this. He's my mentor. I just dabble.

I think for the hit count thing you have to suck in other people. It's the lurkers who make all the difference. The post count stats are pretty meaningless.

God Bless Al Gore!

dopey

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
"Gomez" does all this. He's my mentor. I just dabble.

I think for the hit count thing you have to suck in other people. It's the lurkers who make all the difference. The post count stats are pretty meaningless.

God Bless Al Gore!

These are the excuses of a lazy man.

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't know who you are and therefore don't particularly care if you post here or not. I will say though that part of the reason that your thread is getting so many hits is because of the ambiguous thread title, not because people are interested in having you stay here.

What you should have done is made a poll - even lurkers vote in polls.

Man In Space

Reaction score
Larry Lean's posts always make me feel like I am watching someone masturbate.

Still not sure if I like it though...

Larry Lean

Reaction score
Originally Posted by odoreater
I don't know who you are and therefore don't particularly care if you post here or not. I will say though that part of the reason that your thread is getting so many hits is because of the ambiguous thread title, not because people are interested in having you stay here.

What you should have done is made a poll - even lurkers vote in polls.

Duh!

Thank you for reading.

Larry Lean

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Man In Space
Larry Lean's posts always make me feel like I am watching someone masturbate.

Still not sure if I like it though...

And yet you not only read, you comment too...

I really ought to sell T-Shirts...

Larry Lean

Reaction score

I imagine this will die down here in the basement.

And quite right too!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics