• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do you wear shorts?

IsteRed

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mm84321
You live in the Sahara? Try a Kaftan.

Haha no i live in Yerevan.Funny thing is in winters it gets all the way down to -20C(-76F)...

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by IsteRed
Haha no i live in Yerevan.Funny thing is in winters it gets all the way down to -20C(-76F)...

I think Peta anti-fur campaign mustn't be that popular in your part of the world...

bewing77

Reaction score
PTWilliams;4539658 said:
Hows this:
RLPL shirt
Brioni tee
Hermes shorts
Cole Haan shoes
Advice appreciated.
m9a6T.jpg

I'm sorry but that outfit makes you look pretty much like a german tourist visiting the pyramids of Giza. I can only think of four occasions where I would and do wear shorts: when sailing, doing sports, on the beach and while mowing my lawn.

Everyone who claims they must wear them because of the heat: how big difference does it really make? Personally, I think protection from direct sunlight by a pair of thin, not to tight pants provide much more comfort, which is probably why people living in equatorial climates usually wear clothes that provide full body coverage.

lenahan

Reaction score
My friend's argument for wearing shorts is that he doesn't want to have "sweaty calves" when he is out in "90 degree weather". I told him that, sometimes, "one must perspire for the sake of fashion and propriety".

Also, my legs never sweat because I maintain my milieu intÃ
00a9.png
rieur with great efficiency, and regulate my body temperature with an insouciant ease, even in the hottest of climates.

I won't sacrifice my ideals for the sake of diaphoresis.

I never wear shorts, nor do I expose bare leg (gotta love Sock Garters, I am a mid Century Victorian relic at heart), and I rarely have issues with sweating or diaphoresis as a result. I rarely feel considerable heat in my legs. The trick is do not do stupid things, like wear flannel trousers on the hottest day of the year. Wear cotton or linen!

Quadcammer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bewing77

Everyone who claims they must wear them because of the heat: how big difference does it really make?

a ******* big one

GoldenTribe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These are acceptable. But only because of the setting. And that Jude Law's legs look nicer than most.
You're one of those raging macho homophobic closeted gays. Love yourself and you won't hate yourself every time a man's legs appear in your field of vision. And stop trying so damn hard.

mm84321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lenahan
I never wear shorts, nor do I expose bare leg (gotta love Sock Garters, I am a mid Century Victorian relic at heart), and I rarely have issues with sweating or diaphoresis as a result. I rarely feel considerable heat in my legs. The trick is do not do stupid things, like wear flannel trousers on the hottest day of the year. Wear cotton or linen!

You and I would make splendid friends.

Originally Posted by GoldenTribe
You're one of those raging macho homophobic closeted gays.

Love yourself and you won't hate yourself every time a man's legs appear in your field of vision.

And stop trying so damn hard.

You got me. Damn!

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Quadcammer
a ******* big one
For me it depends a bit. If there's a breeze, linen is wonderful and I don't feel the need for shorts. One those stagnant air, 95F+, humid as hell days, shorts are a godsend. Then again, most of us spend 99% of our time in air conditioning these days. I was forced outside due to a fire alarm (which I caused
redface.gif
) and was kitted out, jacket and tie and all, in mid June. I had at least a dozen people ask if I was broiling and/or insane. It was quite comfortable inside though.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have legs most girls would kill for. I wear shorts to make them jealous.

PTWilliams

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bewing77

I'm sorry but that outfit makes you look pretty much like a german tourist visiting the pyramids of Giza....

Since when is looking like a German tourist a bad thing?

Wrenkin

Reaction score
Originally Posted by PTWilliams
Since when is looking like a German tourist a bad thing?

For some reason they're always the first ones to die when something goes wrong / explodes / escapes. Curious propensity.

Anyway, carry on. I do so enjoy your posts.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by stevent
jfk-sailing-oxford.png

I think that mixes quite well.

Well he was on a boat here, which means at some point he had to be on a beach in order to get on the boat. That is acceptable short policy; wear at the beach or on a boat.

I would never under any circumstances wear sandals because I'm not a child.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I would never under any circumstances wear sandals because I'm not a child.[/quote]

Or a priest/monks, pilgrims or German...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads