1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Do You Wear Pink?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Darnmor, Jul 27, 2009.

1. Zenny

Zenny Senior member

you’re not comfortable with your sexuality

2. barims

barims Senior member

^^ I sometimes wonder what might have been if I left my purple jacket in its original pink incarnation. I'd probably have been happier with a paler pink rather than pastel, much like your model

3. Darnmor

Darnmor Well-Known Member

You don't need a reason to wear pink...

You're right, you don't 'need' a reason, but people still have reasons.

My skin looks better against summer colours

4. Darnmor

you're not comfortable with your sexuality

How did you know?

5. lfl

lfl Well-Known Member

I worked with a Lithuanian girl who used to always say "I think you're very brave for wearing pink, men really shouldn't wear it...". She was quite, quite mental though. Still is, in fact. And I therefore feel justified in my choice.

I think this is an Eastern European thing, I worked with a Polish girl (also mental haha) who went to great lengths to point out that I looked 'gay' anytime I wore pink or purple. That said her wardrobe was limited almost exclusively to black, grey and olive green.

As for the colour, I have a Mediterranean olive complexion, so hell yeah, I'm wearing pink all day, although I limit myself to really pale pinks.

6. eg1

eg1 Senior member

I have one pink shirt. I don't think the colour flatters my pasty complexion all that well. [​IMG]

7. phillyesq

phillyesq Senior member

I wear pink frequently. I have a lot of ties that are some comination of blue or pink, and one that is a nice chocolate brown with little blue and pink in it. I wear pink shirts, including dress shirts, oxfords and polos. I don't wear pink daily, but I wear it quite frequently.

8. Hennessy

Hennessy Active Member

I frequently wear pink button down shirts. Looks great with dark color jackets and/or trousers.

9. Darnmor

As for the colour, I have a Mediterranean olive complexion, so hell yeah, I'm wearing pink all day, although I limit myself to really pale pinks.

Quick question, why not bright or vibrant pinks? That goes for any who wear pink, but only pale or pastel.

10. super

super Senior member

Pink is mad, look at alfie 05.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

Because I love candy and little girls.

12. lfl

lfl Well-Known Member

Quick question, why not bright or vibrant pinks? That goes for any who wear pink, but only pale or pastel.

Well I wear a lot of pink shirts, but I don't think I could do a really vibrant pink underneath a jacket with a tie. I would do a strong pink polo though. Also like bright pink for ties / PS's.

13. origenesprit

origenesprit Senior member

Pink is awesome. For shirts, knitwear, ties, whatever. Hell, I'd even wear a pink trenchcoat (well, maybe not...)

Brandon Flowers of The Killers used to have this awesome pink leather blazer- Dior if I remember correctly.

[​IMG]

14. Jeff Naylor

Jeff Naylor Senior member

I wear pink and I wear it well, it's a very good match for me.

I get more positive comments from women when I wear pink than any other color. If I needed a reason to wear it, that's a pretty good one.

15. axe

axe Senior member

I'll butt in and answer for myself... I stick to lighter pinks because they look better on me. Bright, fluorescent pinks (or any fluo colour, for that matter) should probably be left to Cyndi Lauper & co.

16. Darnmor

I guess I'm the only one who doesn't think pink looks good in clothing.

I wear pink frequently. I have a lot of ties that are some comination of blue or pink, and one that is a nice chocolate brown with little blue and pink in it.

I'm warming to the idea of a chocolate brown tie with narrow diagonal pink stripes... guess I'm still having trouble getting away from the candy connection.

I get more positive comments from women when I wear pink than any other color. If I needed a reason to wear it, that's a pretty good one.

That is a very good reason.

17. SkinnyGoomba

SkinnyGoomba Senior member

I was just curious as to how many of you wear pink and for those that do, what are your reasons?

I'm currently looking at a guy in florescent pink knitwear and the question of "˜why' just came to me.

Myself, I have no pink clothing, in fact the only thing I own that has any pink in it, is a set of silver rectangular cufflinks, each with four black squares and four pink squares, they rarely get used.

I associate pink with candy and little girls. This is a good place for the colour to belong.

I mean this question with no more connotation then "˜who wears green' would imply, so I don't want to hear any "˜you're not comfortable with your sexuality' rubbish. I just think pink looks... silly.

I think you're not comfortable with your sexuality, and the fact that you pointed it out beforehand shows it.

18. arvidg

arvidg Senior member

I wear pink shirts, pocket squares, sweaters etc. Don't think I'd rock a pink suit, though. (Or perhaps I just haven't found the right pink suiting.)

Oh, my brown shoes are not the colour of baby shit.

I call bullshit on this one. Baby shit comes in a variety of colours, including avocado, mustard and all browns imaginable.

19. winston

winston Senior member

If you wear brown shoes, chances are a turd has been produced somewhere within the time it took to type this post that exactly matches the shade.

I wear a pink shirt. I'm not a huge fan of pink accessories but I don't think they're offensive to the eye either.

20. ajv

ajv Senior member

I love to wear pink; shirts, polos, ties, even some almost pink shoes, in reality rather raspberry. But I usually try and have only one piece of garment that is pink.

Sometimes I just wear pink to make others wonder and it works.

Joke aside, pink is just another colour to my eye as long as it is not pink everyday and for the full outfit.