1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Do you wear brown with navy or charcoal?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by lasbar, Sep 6, 2007.

1. hchamp

hchamp Senior member

on the Satorialists site with the caption "Kiton Executives, Midtown".

[​IMG]

That looks like black on the left.

2. NorCal_1

NorCal_1 Senior member

more controversial photos with some famous people in them

Luciano definitely needs some tailor work on that suit!!!

"sprezzatura #1"

[​IMG]

"sprezzatura #2"
    [​IMG]

3. dokelroth

dokelroth Senior member

Luciano definitely needs some tailor work on that suit!!!

"sprezzatura #1"

[​IMG]

I am not following you. I think the suit in question looks really nice. Can you tell me what you think needs to be changed or altered?

4. hchamp

hchamp Senior member

"sprezzatura #2"
    [​IMG]

This is really pushing it into "look at me" territory. A darker brown like the Kiton gents are wearing would work better.

5. nioh

nioh Senior member

"sprezzatura #2"
    [​IMG]

sprezzatura? not much of that going on here.

6. grimslade

grimslade Senior member

This is really pushing it into "look at me" territory. A darker brown like the Kiton gents are wearing would work better.

+1. The guy on the left in the Kiton picture is getting it right, I think, although his pants seem to be too long.

The picture is too under-exposed to know whether the suit is black. I choose to doubt it, however.

7. hchamp

hchamp Senior member

+1. The guy on the left in the Kiton picture is getting it right, I think, although his pants seem to be too long.

The picture is too under-exposed to know whether the suit is black. I choose to doubt it, however.

I think he's wearing jeans. Look at the stacking around the shoe and at the knees. Could be black or dark (midnight) navy. Either way, that color of brown can work with black (or midnight) pants, especially when it's got a dark patina like his do. The only issue I'd have with his overall look is that his shoes are competing with his tie, and the two colors don't quite complement each other.