1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Do you wear an undershirt? Why?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by NAMOR, Feb 2, 2012.

Do you wear an undershirt?

1. Yes

227 vote(s)
    64.9%
  2. No

123 vote(s)
    35.1%
  1. chogall

chogall Senior member

so where's your jacket? just curious.

2. chogall

chogall Senior member

some people clearly prefer wearing wet jeans in hot days.

3. Hayward

Hayward Senior member

Only losers who wear blobby shoes wear $15 undershirts. I prefer Icebreaker Beast, personally.

Also you should all be aware that when the Bilderberg Group paid Clark Gable to stop wearing undershirts in the movies, men did not have nipples.

If heat and humidity are issues for you there are these:

http://www.japanprobe.com/2008/11/22/mens-bra-a-bestseller-on-rakutencojp/

4. unbelragazzo

unbelragazzo Senior member Dubiously Honored

If CVS tape took zero time to apply, was completely invisible on the outside of clothing, and increased the comfort of my clothes, I guess I would use it. The only aspect in which you have blown my mind is in your stubbornness and inability to listen to reasonable thoughts from others, and instead just calling everyone else poor and gross. Since it's impossible to have any actually informative and valuable discussion under these circumstances, and I couldn't care less what you think about me or anyone else wearing undershirts, this will be my last post in this thread.

5. pebblegrain

pebblegrain Senior member

I never called anyone poor and gross. I in fact stated the same reason why you said you wore an undershirt - you think it blocks sweat. Maybe you have me confused with some other pitstainer.

6. GoldenTribe

GoldenTribe Senior member

Would you STFU now please

7. WorkingClassDude

WorkingClassDude Senior member

Yes for work. In casual situations I don't *need* one. I'm sure some guys can pull it off w/o one, but to suggest people are slovenly because of it is a little out there. Some guys would be doing the people around them a huge disservice going around without one.

8. .Kurtz.

.Kurtz. Senior member

Wrong. This ain't 19th century.

9. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

For the winter or when it is cold, I will throw on a well-fitted undershirt for the extra warmth, which to be, makes a difference.

I would suggest BR v-necks that fit TTS or Uniqlo heattechs S/S v-necks.

But this really depends also on the shirt I will be wearing. Some shirts are more fitted and so even if I wanted to wear an undershirt, I would not work. Now I don't know if people get MTM to account for an undershirt, stretch or shrink, or other misc. variables, I think it would take a lot of experience and time to fine tune and personally, it is a lot of trouble I think.

The usual is that if I am suited up, wearing a MTM shirt most likely, I will not be wearing an undershirt. If it is daily on-the-go office attire, I'll wear a slightly roomier OCBD with a v-neck underneath more often than not, especially if it is chilly.

So instead of thinking about all the variables of the actual clothes, limit it to the actual environment you will be in, which I will restate: weather conditions/temperature or suiting up vs. daily office wear

Edit:
    And I will rarely wear a crew neck unless the shirt collar is high enough or does not droop to not show. Now if I was dressing up casually (going to the city for something recreational), then I wouldn't care either way. Venture into the SW&D and see it done proper via tween

Last edited: Feb 5, 2012
  10. Digmenow

Digmenow Senior member

I was wrong to post in this thread.

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

11. pebblegrain

pebblegrain Senior member

GoldenPits, contribute before making demands.

12. London Rudeboy

London Rudeboy Senior member

I used to wear a vest when I was going to school up to age 17, and then in the military.
    I stopped wearing them in 82 when I left the military. That said vests in the UK are sleeveless.
    I live in Sweden where the winters are real & I don't know anyone who wears a vest under their office shirt.
    It just isn't done here or in London from what I remember about it.
    I really don't see the point. If I'm going to be cold in my shirt, tie and jacket or a suit, I just put a jumper on as well, and if necessary an overcoat.

13. London Rudeboy

London Rudeboy Senior member

Exactly right on all points sir!

14. kellgy

kellgy Senior member

Working with sex offenders, I don't want them to see my nips or chest hair. Wondering how many are masturbating thinking about me is bad enough!?

I do not wear a tie as they can be used against me, so I wear colored undershirts that fit within the color scheme of my outfit.

15. GoldenTribe

GoldenTribe Senior member

Save your energy. When you're a borderline autistic pedant whose sole source of self worth is telling other people they're black-and-white "wrong" about subjective clothing choices nobody else will ever even be aware of, I don't think the date really enters the equation.

Any contradiction of your arrogant, ridiculous assertions is a contribution.

16. Snoopy

Snoopy Senior member

awwww name calling.

pebblebrain?

1 person likes this.
  17. peezie

peezie Senior member

I need a t? Crap, better remove the plastic from my furniture

18. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

Haaaaaaaa

19. MikeDT

MikeDT Senior member

Haha yes.

One is still wondering why this threak hasn't been pushed into DT yet.

20. Archivist

Archivist Senior member

Dude, I am wondering how this tread is still going. It's underwear. Some men have perfectly good reasons to wear an undershirt. Others do not. Of all the things to hold really strong opinions about what others are doing I am slightly amazed this is getting so much attention and passion. In some other thread, men are talking about buttoning dinner jackets for God's sake and no one really seems fazed. Of course, we also live in a world where people with ostensibly good breeding and proper education call a neat vodka a Martini.

I despair. We live in the end times.

1 person likes this.