1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

do you wear a tshirt under a button up shirt???

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by tnd, Dec 2, 2009.

1. dshin

dshin Senior member

How would it look retarded if you can never see it as I am wearing it under a shirt with a tie? It serves a purpose as it is comfortable.

If it cant be seen, then i retract my statement. But even when one cant see it, more often than not, you can see the outline of the wife beater under the shirt and I think this still looks retarded.

2. FlaneurNYC

FlaneurNYC Senior member

If it cant be seen, then i retract my statement. But even when one cant see it, more often than not, you can see the outline of the wife beater under the shirt and I think this still looks retarded.

It's for the guys with dark chest hair and white skin. Also to cover the nips.

It's pretty nasty to see nips/chest hair through a white shirt.

I wear white v-necks under my shirts in all seasons because I'm always hot and they protect your shirts.

3. chas

chas Senior member

Fair enough.

4. dshin

dshin Senior member

It's for the guys with dark chest hair and white skin. Also to cover the nips.

It's pretty nasty to see nips/chest hair through a white shirt.

I wear white v-necks under my shirts in all seasons because I'm always hot and they protect your shirts.

That makes some sense to me. i never thought about it like that.
    But on the other hand....if one's chest hair and nips can be seen through a shirt, maybe its the shirt that's too sheer??

I have less issues with v-neck t shirts. It does serve a function of protecting your shirts from under arm sweat. But wife beaters serve no purpose what so ever (at lease in my humble opinion).

5. gdl203

gdl203 Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

What a novel question and debate

6. chas

chas Senior member

That makes some sense to me. i never thought about it like that.
    But on the other hand....if one's chest hair and nips can be seen through a shirt, maybe its the shirt that's too sheer??

I have less issues with v-neck t shirts. It does serve a function of protecting your shirts from under arm sweat. But wife beaters serve no purpose what so ever (at lease in my humble opinion).

May I ask if you have ever worn a wife beater T?

7. dshin

dshin Senior member

May I ask if you have ever worn a wife beater T?

No I have not. I did wear t shirts a couple times in the past and i did not like the add'l layer/bulk that it added. It felt restrictive to me.

And wife beaters...I have always held a negative view of them since the only people I ever see wearing them are down river white trash and caldeans.

8. chas

chas Senior member

By your down river and Chaldean comment I assume your are from metro Detroit. Most likely from one of the north or west suburbs.

I recommend trying them before you comment further on their usefulness. I wear them because I do not like the bulk of a regular t-shirt. Think of it like a body sock.

9. dshin

dshin Senior member

By your down river and Chaldean comment I assume your are from metro Detroit. Most likely from one of the north or west suburbs.

I recommend trying them before you comment further on their usefulness. I wear them because I do not like the bulk of a regular t-shirt. Think of it like a body sock.

[​IMG] [​IMG] Good call on the metro Det! I live in Ann Arbor...but work in Southfield.

And yes I've heard people say that it's like a body sock. The tshirts I've worn in the past were fairly fitting as well. I just feel like anything under a button up shirt..or even polo shirts for that matter, was just too restrictive, at least for me.

10. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

Yep....V neck.-Heather gray!

11. EZETHATSME

EZETHATSME Senior member