• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do You Want To Hear New Music From Your Favorite Rock Band From The 70's/80's?

Mark from Plano

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Hey Man
What's the difference - what he thinks is the best equals favorite.

Sorry, but if you don't know the difference in both substance and tone of saying that something is "best" versus saying that it is "my favorite" then I can be of no further help to you.

Hey Man

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mark from Plano
Sorry, but if you don't know the difference in both substance and tone of saying that something is "best" versus saying that it is "my favorite" then I can be of no further help to you.

If someone starts a thread asking people what is the best restaurant for pizza in a certain city, obviously the answers will be based on what the posters say is their favorite pizza in that city.

When a music critic is asked for his best albums of the year, it's really his favorite albums of the year that he is providing.

I hope these two points clear that up for you.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think this picture sums up this thread very well.

goldaccount.png

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mark from Plano
Wow. That's some impressive goalpost moving right there.

1. I'm sure you've stated what the best wine is.
2. I'm sure you've stated what the best wines are.
3. I'm sure you've stated what your favorite wines are.

Noice.

What's the difference - what he thinks is the best equals favorite.

Mark, sadly, he's given you a truthful answer. In his thinking, there is no difference between attempts to objectively quantify something and your personal favorite. In fact, I think I just confused him with the term "objectively."

Mark from Plano

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
Mark, sadly, he's given you a truthful answer. In his thinking, there is no difference between attempts to objectively quantify something and your personal favorite. In fact, I think I just confused him with the term "objectively."

Agreed.

milosz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey Man started the thread at full marsupial, and managed to get worse from there.

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by milosz
Hey Man started the thread at full marsupial, and managed to get worse from there.

My dad always told me I was born ignorant and have been losing ground ever since.
eh.gif

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sonic Youth still makes new music that's very good.

redcaimen

Bigtime
Reaction score
Paul Simon = yes

Bowser from Sha Na Na = No

Hey Man

Reaction score
It is very telling about the people on Style Forum - who I know agree with much of what I have said on this forum (and some have even admitted to that on the Maher thread), but they for some reason find it cooler to disagree with me for the sake of it ala if I say white, you will say black.

You will jump on the bandwagon of attacking me, because it's simply more entertaining over admitting that I am right or that you agree with me for the most part - because you certainly don't want to be known as someone who thinks I am right. It's better for you to be a sheep as opposed to admitting that yes I may not like Hey Man - but he's right.

This is not to say that there are not people here who don't agree with me - I am sure there are many of you, but I am quite convinced that the majority of you agree with me, but for whatever reasons (you hate me, think I am an asshole, etc.) - you won't admit it.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don't give a **** which current wine you think is the best, but I suspect there is a wine thread on here, where you provided your opinion.

Pio, I care what wine you think is best. I am normally a beer/bourbon/martini drinker, but this Saturday I am going with a special lady friend to a show and afterward would like to seduce her with a combination of Curtis Mayfield and a good wine. What would you suggest?

If it helps, we will likely be eating Italian and then listening to the Superfly Soundtrack. I prefer dry reds, but I am open to any suggestions. Thank you.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads