• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do you utilize your local library?

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ok, I Can't Go To The Library I Owe Them Money

(I think this post's point would have come across much better if it had been left in all caps!)

phaedrus

Reaction score
Yes, access my library sometimes during lunch break near work. DVD's, CD's travel books and referance. My library even has XBOX and PC games for loan.

CTGuy

Made Guy
Reaction score
So funny. I am actually back in Connecticut, in my home town, studying for the bar exam, and I am using the public library almost every day for the first time in years.

I went to check and see if I could sign up for a card and they still had my original library card sign up form from when I was 8 years old. I got a new card free of charge
blush.gif

I have lived a couple different places, and it is truly dependant on the locale, unless you are in a large city, whether or not you use the library. Often mid sized cities that also have large universities have less comprehensive libraries- this was my experience in Providence at least. The library in my home town though is excellent, though the town is presently lobbying to have new structure built. The advantages, as Kent points out, are obvious. I don't mind buying books, especially since Amazon allows you to buy used, but there is something nice about being able to take 4 or 5 books out at a time that you are uncertain you will even like. You can sample and return without guilt. Also, our library has a large collection of audiobooks, which I really enjoy especially because I frequently make a lot of car trips on the weekend. ALSO, I owe blockbuster like a million bucks and I cancelled netflix, so as Koji said-- free DVDs. Our library has a cool collection of foreign films that has allowed me to sample some unusual stuff I would never have watched otherwise.

All in all- a good libarary is an awesome resource, unfortunately, whether or not you have one as good as mine...well I guess you'll just have to move here.

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CTGuy
I owe blockbuster like a million bucks
Is this going to pose a problem when the time comes to be admitted to the bar?
lookaround.gif

CTGuy

Made Guy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dakota rube
Is this going to pose a problem when the time comes to be admitted to the bar?
lookaround.gif

I guess we'll find out.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads