• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do You Use Tobacco?

EnglishGent

Reaction score
Up until recently I smoked a pack of cigarettes a day, down to a pack a week now. Will have a cigar and pipe smoke about once a week. Like Labelking I enjoy nasal snuff which comes out about once a month. Couple of summers ago I'd have the occasional dip and Hookah once a month, but pretty much done with both of those.

scarphe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brad
Chewing snuff?

i am farily confident that one does not chew snuff. i believe it is snorted.

ChriO

Reaction score
During my childhood/youth my whole family smoked, but I never felt pressured to start. I think I was nine when I asked my mother if I could take a drag of her cigarette, pure curiosity. Resulted in some coughing and I decided that there is no good reason to smoke.

Brad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by scarphe
i am farily confident that one does not chew snuff. i believe it is snorted.

You shouldn't be. If you can find a guy who yanks this up his nose, I'll buy him a drink.

Copenhagen_Snuff_3d_max192w.jpg

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
You shouldn't be. If you can find a guy who yanks this up his nose, I'll buy him a drink.

+1. I've always called it "chewing" regardless of the actual action that is used with it.

chas

Reaction score
I go through a tin of Skoal Straight every two weeks. I smoke when I drink.

Awesome habits.

onion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I used to use (nasal) snuff, but I never even considered snorting Copenhagen snuff. I'm all but positive that Copenhagen snuff is meant specifically for dipping only, and is actually made differently than nasal snuff. Plus, I really dislike any and all non-menthol snuff; it's very unpleasant.

scarphe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

iam not sure why it is called snuf because everytiem i have read the term used it was in refernce to the snuff that one snuffs.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snuff

onion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by scarphe
iam not sure why it is called snuf because everytiem i have read the term used it was in refernce to the snuff that one snuffs. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snuff
AFAIK, because it is superfine, just like nasal snuff. Edit: Also if Copenhagen snuff is moist like standard dip, you cannot snort it.

DeCaloFashion1

Reaction score
I am fully quit after 5+ years of smoking Newports.

The hardest part about quitting is trying not to be a buzzkill to other smokers. I used to hate asking someone for a cigarette and getting that smug "No I quit" in response. One has to try hard to not be that guy.

Brad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by onion
I used to use (nasal) snuff, but I never even considered snorting Copenhagen snuff. I'm all but positive that Copenhagen snuff is meant specifically for dipping only, and is actually made differently than nasal snuff. Plus, I really dislike any and all non-menthol snuff; it's very unpleasant.

I think you're right, it's for dipping only. I've had nasal snuff from a "snuff gun" in Switzerland. Not my thing. I can't handle any menthol flavoring. If it's over 16 days from the date of production on the bottom of the can, it's dry and puts me in a foul mood.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I smoke cigars. When weather is nice, I will smoke 1 a day. In winter, I usually smoke 2 or 3 per week.

IUtoSLU

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The only time I ever smoked in my entire life was at my bachelor party. I smoked half of a cigar.

Edward Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cigs daily, pipes once a week or two, Cope Straight, Cope Long Cut, or Skoal Straight every couple of days when I'm in Texas. Cigars on special occasions.

What can I say, I like tobacco(/nicotine).

BTW, Cope and all other moist smokeless tobacco products are NOT meant for anything but being placed between the lip and gum ("dipping".) Snus is a Swedish form of moist smokeless tobacco which is roasted at a lower temperature and treated slightly differently, supposedly making it less carcinogenic but also lowering the amount of nicotine delivered. Recently, cigarette companies have started marketing "snus" pouches in an attempt to reclaim users lost to the proliferation of smoking bans.

I suspect the fact that Cope's shortest-cut product is called "snuff" is an historical artifact. Although why you would dip snuff rather than long cut is puzzling to me because long cut stays together in the mouth so much better.

vitaminc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
averaging half pack per day, a lot more when i go out and drink.

tried cigar, but don't know how to actually smoke it for enjoyment
redface.gif
inhale or no?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads