1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Do you use MSG?

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by SField, Feb 23, 2011.

1. dragon8

dragon8 Senior member

I'm going to start using it after reading this thread. Do you add it just like salt?

Make sure you use it while cooking not as a condiment

2. VKK3450

VKK3450 Senior member

I wish I had seen this before going to the grocery store today...

K

3. gladhands

gladhands Senior member

I made ma po tofu last night, and used a little msg. It's great with or without the MSG, but I like to live on the wild side every now and then.

4. greenleaflettuce

greenleaflettuce Well-Known Member

flied lice dosen't taste the same without it!

5. Reggs

Reggs Senior member

I hope you realize that MSG is in many ways just a form of salt. When you eat extremely salty things, you're going to get thirsty. The negative perception of MSG in this country is nothing more than a reflection of the West's ignorance/xenophobia towards things Asian. I also hope you realize that the Japanese food that white people have put on a pedestal are chalk-full of MSG, as MSG was invented by Dr. Kikunae Ikeda of Japan. Imagine the horror on white people's faces when they learn that the Japanese food they've been worshiping is actually packed full of MSG.
    Big talk for people who haven't advanced beyond sitting on floors and eating with wooding sticks!! Enjoy your hentai pillows and radiation!!! [​IMG]

6. randallr

randallr Senior member

Big talk for people who haven't advanced beyond sitting on floors and eating with wooding sticks!! Enjoy your hentai pillows and radiation!!!

[​IMG]

lulz

7. NMW1982

NMW1982 Senior member

Neanderthals ate with knives and forks in hand as they dug into animal carcasses.

Enjoy your stroke inducing McDick burgers.

Big talk for people who haven't advanced beyond sitting on floors and eating with wooding sticks!! Enjoy your hentai pillows and radiation!!!

[​IMG]

8. randallr

randallr Senior member

Neanderthals ate with knives and forks in hand as they dug into animal carcasses.

Enjoy your stroke inducing McDick burgers.

Woah. I like Asian food as much as anybody, but low blow on McDonalds. Someone is pissed at the West's superior dominance. Submit to us! Madame Butterfly?

9. NMW1982

NMW1982 Senior member

lmao. This is an internet forum. why take things so seriously?[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Woah. I like Asian food as much as anybody, but low blow on McDonalds. Someone is pissed at the West's superior dominance. Submit to us! Madame Butterfly?

10. Monaco

Monaco Senior member

11. jimmyfingers

jimmyfingers Senior member

I get bad headaches from MSG. I know its been debunked, but that still doesn't change the fact the me and several others I know get headaches from the stuff

12. aizan

aizan Senior member

go on yelp and look at some reviews of asian restaurants. you'll find conflicting opinions everywhere. "they use lots of msg, i got really thirsty afterward," or "they don't use msg at all, which always gives me headaches." it's all in the mind.

13. intent

intent Senior member

Food allergies are made up by weak-minded attention whores. [​IMG]

14. alexanduh

alexanduh Senior member

shit is like crack

15. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

When I was a kid I'd take bites of the maggi/knorr cubes. [​IMG]

16. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

When I was a kid I'd take bites of the maggi/knorr cubes. [​IMG]

so which one's better?

17. yodisbsteve

yodisbsteve Member

interestingly enough i just read an article couple days ago saying MSG has been around since ancient rome, and the romans loved using it on everything.

18. TheButler

TheButler Senior member

They had STDs in Rome too. Doesn't mean I'm interested in partaking of any. [​IMG]

19. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

I don't use MSG as an individual molecule, but I like to use items high in glutamic acid in my savory dishes. I made chicken vegetable soup a few weeks ago and started the stock with kombu so I could make it more flavorful but not rich. For my chili, I use tomato paste instead of canned tomatoes for the same effect.