• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

do you use hair products before or after you blow dry your hair?

SuperSaiyan3

Reaction score
I've always used them to after they dried, but I am starting to hear that it was actually the other way.

Plus, how do you make side hair fall forward without looking like such a doofus? My hair generally falls the same way that Chace Crawford's hair falls, but it just doesn't get as messy-stylish as his. Mine just tends to look like a dummied up asian hair...
devil.gif

vbuskirk

Reaction score
I think I was in high school the last time I used a blow dryer.

0) brush
1) gel
2) brush again
3) let dry
4) spot brush to remove any '****y' spots

DavidinGray

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SuperSaiyan3
I've always used them to after they dried, but I am starting to hear that it was actually the other way.

Plus, how do you make side hair fall forward without looking like such a doofus? My hair generally falls the same way that Chace Crawford's hair falls, but it just doesn't get as messy-stylish as his. Mine just tends to look like a dummied up asian hair...
devil.gif

Wonderful post/username combo.

DIG

JeremyC

Reaction score
Soft products, (leave in conditioner and non sticky oil/wax products) use after drying while hair is still slightly damp. Finish drying after application and volume will increase. Use sticky products (gel and spray) after hair is completely dry.

JeremyC

Reaction score
Soft products, (leave in conditioner and non sticky oil/wax products) use after drying while hair is still slightly damp. Finish drying after application and volume will increase. Use sticky products (gel and spray) after hair is completely dry.

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by vbuskirk
I think I was in high school the last time I used a blow dryer. 0) brush 1) gel 2) brush again 3) let dry 4) spot brush to remove any '****y' spots
+1 My method exactly. I have ultra-fine dirty blonde hair. I'll do the gel thing very occasionally using the cheapest gel I can buy at Dollarama. Just a dab spread on hands & work into hair. I never blow-dry it. If I do longer hair I style, let dry, then I just wet my hands shake off excess water, and pat down any frizzies. Sometimes takes 2 tries. I may use gel more in winter when it's so dry my hair needs help.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How about putting this under health and body? How is this men's clothing?

B|aze

Reaction score
You need to step away from your blow dryer!

SuperSaiyan3

Reaction score
Originally Posted by B|aze
You need to step away from your blow dryer!

why? what's wrong with a man using a blow dryer? It takes too long for my hair to dry on its own (especially when it gets long), and I find it easier to style with since it'll let me push my hair in a certain direction.

B|aze

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SuperSaiyan3
why? what's wrong with a man using a blow dryer? It takes too long for my hair to dry on its own (especially when it gets long), and I find it easier to style with since it'll let me push my hair in a certain direction.

If you need to use a blow dryer I would say your hair is way too long...unless you are a woman of course

bowtielover

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I usualy dry my hair first at least a little, I find the product works better when my hair is not soaking wet.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads