• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do you tuck in your shirt into your underwear?

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Since I have gone to bespoke shirts, I have an extra long front placket made with a button on the very bottom that I button underneath ********. I find that the weight of ******* helps keep the front of the shirt from billowing out.

bowtielover

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have done this with my undershirts before but this is not something I regularly do.

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I do that when wearing fitted shirts. Although I do that rarely now since cheeseburgers turn the shirts from fitted to too ruddy tight gut sack. Must get back in shape.

tazmaniac

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bowtielover
I have done this with my undershirts before but this is not something I regularly do.

Thank you for sharing.

GBer

Reaction score
Surprised, V*x is not monitoring this thread...

LanceW

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ianiceman
Perhaps the weirdest thing in this department I saw was a fella who wore odd clip on braces type thingies that clipped to his shirt tail and socks, thus keeping socks pulled up and shirt tucked.

Shirt keepers. Probably ex military.

bee3

Reaction score
I've taken to cutting my undershirts in half. No tuck necessary. It's brilliant.

mjd

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Exactly! The more I read this forum the more I believe it to be populated largely by virgins and celibates. Really a bunch of well dressed nerds who don't use pocket protectors but who obsess over ******* Allen Edmonds shoes. Working in healthcare I have seen a lot of fellas undressed. Perhaps the weirdest thing in this department I saw was a fella who wore odd clip on braces type thingies that clipped to his shirt tail and socks, thus keeping socks pulled up and shirt tucked. I'm pretty sure he was single!
I've heard of people getting the tails of their shirts made really long with a button and buttonhole at the hem so they can button the shirt in between their legs to keep the shirt tucked in.
Man, better stay away from Taco Bell with that getup.

mjd

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Exactly! The more I read this forum the more I believe it to be populated largely by virgins and celibates. Really a bunch of well dressed nerds who don't use pocket protectors but who obsess over ******* Allen Edmonds shoes. Working in healthcare I have seen a lot of fellas undressed. Perhaps the weirdest thing in this department I saw was a fella who wore odd clip on braces type thingies that clipped to his shirt tail and socks, thus keeping socks pulled up and shirt tucked. I'm pretty sure he was single!
+1 i came to this site to see what the trends were not to become some obsessive pre modona....
I don't think she wears undershirts, or underwear at all for that matter.

average man

Reaction score
I always tuck my undershirt and my dress shirt into my boxers. That’s the way I’ve always done it. I find it to work quite well for me. I know it’s kind of frowned upon, but as long as no one notices I’m good.

TN001

Reaction score
I tried it for five minutes yesterday. I felt marsupialed.

This. While it may make sense on paper, it just seems like something they would do when dressing you at the group home.

79Michael

Reaction score
I tuck my shirt inside my underwear every day. The waistband or more of my underwear is always showing and I will always have my undies showing with my shirt tucked inside my undies from here on out.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads