• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 8th auction is for a Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Do you thread your laces through the tongue?

jtoddaz

Reaction score
Is it personal choice, or are there advantages to lacing through that eyelet on the tongue on your dress shoes?

Thanks in advance
Jeremy

jtoddaz

Reaction score
yeah, I head never seen it either. There is one on the Sutor Mantellasi's I just got. I just put in a cheap Walgreens insole, and it does make them fit better. My heel feels as though it comes off the shoe when I walk a little more now. Maybe that will fix itself as it breaks in a little.

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
sounds like your sutors are too big

Golf_Nerd

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If the tongue is long there are problems putting the shoes on/ slipping in. So it fixes the tongue.

jtoddaz

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tarmac
sounds like your sutors are too big

It's definately possible. I'm wearing them around the house today to see if they will break in a bit. My heel doesn't come out unless I have the added insole in. I figure its from the extra height in the heel. Funny thing is that I wore them this morning with a pair of athletic socks, and it was a perfect fit.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I've never heard of dress shoes having those, and I'm intrigued. Can you post a pic of your Sutors, please?

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 30 3.7%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 142 17.3%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 267 32.6%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 130 15.9%
  • 31 - 40