do you think this is a date?

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by GQgeek, Sep 18, 2006.

1. GQgeek

GQgeek Senior member

Continue to have fun and enjoy each others company just the way you do when you see her at the salon. EL72's advice sounds too much like he read a book on how to bed a women. Is this date a program to get her in bed or get you a three way if she is what you have been waiting for?

Don't play games, be yourself, and be patient if you really want things to develop. If you expect this to be a one-call-close, or just a roll in they hay, then you might lose more than another "date". You might lose your stylist as well. If she is your idea of the total package, then when you get to know her outside of the chair, your opinion of her will be confirmed or denied. A real relationship takes time. A hit and run should not have you sweating bullets, success in that endeavor is a game of odds.

I got married a second time ten years ago. I dated a lot of hot chicks when I was single again. I never expected a long-term relationship with any woman who had sex with me on the first date, or first meeting. I had fun, but they weren't longterm relationship material and at that point neither was I.

I hope things work out for you. She probably knows you have a huge crush on her, and that works in your favor. Hopefully you two will find conversation easy and stimulating. Getting to know each other is a lot of fun. You probably don't really know her and she definately doesn't really know you. You have a 2-year crush, so don't let the expectations of your fantasies kill any opportunity for a relationship to bloom.

Your follow-up to this date is eagerly awaited.

Godspeed, GQGeek

All considered, good advice. Despite people talking about getting lucky on the first date, I highly doubt she's considering that. Imagine how weird my next appointment would be ;p She's either considering a relationship with me or she just wants to be friends because I really doubt she's that short-sighted. I'm hoping it's the former, but if it's the latter it's still cool.

And very good point about her knowing i have a crush... I mean she has to know, right? Why else would I switch from a stylist I had been happy with for the better part of 2 years to her at first opportunity (I actually rotate back and forth)? I had a great excuse when I first switched (he was on vacation), but I've now gone back 2 more times, just so I can talk to her. It's not like my old stylist doesn't work there anymore :p Plus, when I was with my old stylist, I could see her in the mirror and I know she caught me staring once. Lastly, she knows I specifically asked for her when my stylist went on vacation. I used the excuse that she had cut my hair once 4 years ago, but I'd imagine she's able to piece together the information she has available to her :p

Anyway, I'm not nervous about the date, I just hate not knowing, and I still have another week to wait because I had to schedule the dance class according to the instructors' availability =/

2. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

All considered, good advice. Despite people talking about getting lucky on the first date, I highly doubt she's considering that. Imagine how weird my next appointment would be ;p She's either considering a relationship with me or she just wants to be friends because I really doubt she's that short-sighted. I'm hoping it's the former, but if it's the latter it's still cool.

And very good point about her knowing i have a crush... I mean she has to know, right? Why else would I switch from a stylist I had been happy with for the better part of 2 years to her at first opportunity (I actually rotate back and forth)? I had a great excuse when I first switched (he was on vacation), but I've now gone back 2 more times, just so I can talk to her. It's not like my old stylist doesn't work there anymore :p Plus, when I was with my old stylist, I could see her in the mirror and I know she caught me staring once. Lastly, she knows I specifically asked for her when my stylist went on vacation. I used the excuse that she had cut my hair once 4 years ago, but I'd imagine she's able to piece together the information she has available to her :p

Anyway, I'm not nervous about the date, I just hate not knowing, and I still have another week to wait because I had to schedule the dance class according to the instructors' availability =/

I would not assume she knows (although she obviously might). We often assume are feelings are far more obvious to others than they really are.

3. GQgeek

GQgeek Senior member

I would not assume she knows (although she obviously might). We often assume are feelings are far more obvious to others than they really are.

You're probably right. I'll just have to wait and see.

4. FLMountainMan

FLMountainMan White Hispanic

I would also strongly consider ulterior motives of the people who told you. I would think a hair salon of all places would be rife with gossip, half-truths, and cattiness.

5. Violinist

Violinist Senior member

6. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

so where are we on this "is it a date or not"?

7. JaredK7

JaredK7 Active Member

such an interesting thread I randomly found. I know it was to weeks ago, but I have to know. What did happen on the date? I feel like I am at a cliff hanger haha

8. GQgeek

GQgeek Senior member

so where are we on this "is it a date or not"?

Don't know yet. We were gonna go last wed but she went to san diego for a photoshoot so it had to be put-off until she gets back later this week.

9. Carey

Carey Senior member

Did she contact you to postpone?

I hope for your sake this thing can come to fruition.

10. dkzzzz

dkzzzz Senior member

Did she contact you to postpone?

I hope for your sake this thing can come to fruition.

Don't want to rain on your parade, but something tells me this thing is dead as it could be.
    Photo shoot?
    What are the chances that she comes back from the Photoshoot and calls you to remind that you were suppose to go dancing together?

11. GQgeek

GQgeek Senior member

You guys panick too much. It was just bad timing on both our parts. It'll still happen, but probably not till after my next appointment. She's back now but I can't even do anything till end of next week cause i'm swamped at work. I'm pushing 110hrs since sunday and next week will be mostly the same until i've finished a bunch of server upgrades and database shit. I don't wanna see her until I get some proper rest anyway. I have to be at my witty best. Right now I'm jaundiced from computer screen radiation and i have dark circles around my bloodshot eyes ;p

12. Etienne

Etienne Senior member

It'll still happen, but probably not till after my next appointment.
    When is that going to be? The public wants to know!

13. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

...I can't even do anything till end of next week cause i'm swamped at work. I'm pushing 110hrs since sunday and next week will be mostly the same until i've finished a bunch of server upgrades and database shit.
    I don't mean to butt in here, but I think I may be speaking for a number of interested observers when I respectfully request that you get your priorities in order.

Letting your work get in the way of true love (however fleeting) is not the path to happiness for any of us, particluarly those who are rooting for you to connect here. [​IMG]

14. Violinist

Violinist Senior member

15. GQgeek

GQgeek Senior member

Ok, a little update. Salsa is getting bumped to a later date but we're having dinner next week and i'm calling her monday to confirm. Timing has just been bad for both of us.