• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do You Think I Should Be Banned?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbris1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm going out on a limb here (way out) because I'm not the type to just bend over (despite what Fok may think). I was forumbanned from B&S because I started this thread and apparently was reported by some newb (Butter) that got his feelings hurt. In all honesty, I just wanted to see what people thought the jacket was worth. No sense in bumping it via price drops endlessly if folks were only willing to pay $50 bucks for this coat (for that I'd just keep it and have it altered, which is what I will do). In no way was I trying to shill or get more publicity which I think was evident by the fact that I removed the link from my sig and stopped bumping it via price drops. Days later I was forumbanned. I respected the comments of the established members, as we all know now this place is overrun by truant teens. After a careful assessment of the facts, do you think I should have been forumbanned? I am truly curious as to what respected members have to say. Thanks

Butter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Perhaps honesty works best: http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...postcount=2139
humiliation1.jpg
Karma. Don't you love it?

kylelovesyou

Reaction score
I didn't read that thread, but I don't think bannings should be applied to anything but the most egregious of behavior.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The B&S thread is gone so I can't be 100% sure of that but did you do anything non-kosher in that thread?

If not, I think just nuking your price discussion thread in MC would have been enough - unless I'm missing some rule I am unaware of.

Don't get me wrong, that thread is pure crap - there's pretty much no redeeming qualities to it. It's a bunch of nonsense, banter, over-reactions and trolling. I wouldn't miss it if it was gone. But I don't know that it was banworthy.

That said, the Mods here do whatever the Fu*k they want, so there.

bigbris1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
The B&S thread is gone so I can't be 100% sure of that but did you do anything non-kosher in that thread? If not, I think just nuking your price discussion thread in MC would have been enough - unless I'm missing some rule I am unaware of. Don't get me wrong, that thread is pure crap - there's pretty much no redeeming qualities to it. It's a bunch of nonsense, banter, over-reactions and trolling. I wouldn't miss it if it was gone. But I don't know that it was banworthy. That said, the Mods here do whatever the Fu*k they want, so there.
The FS sale thread was basically me bumping the price from $350>$295. Nothing more. Don't know why it was squirreled but I can't see it now anyway. PS. In case I get permabanned, gdl, you are cool. Thanks, bro.

Butter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In all seriousness, you need to grow a sack and man up to your mistakes. You were the one that started the thread which was a clear violation of forum rules. You then insulted the people you were asking for comments from, and then you tried to get others banned. If ANYONE was responsible for bringing attention to the thread, it's you. Man up for once and own your mistake. If the moderators thought I was wrong, they would have banned me instead as they have most likely read the thread. End of story.

PTWilliams

Reaction score
I looked at the thread and participated in it myself. I didn't think the OP did anything inappropriate. Some people got a little hot under the collar, but what the hell, better than yet another post on whether vents can be added to ventless jackets.

My shameless attempts to draw attention to myself by linking my pitiful life to Vox is far more reprehensible.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
You should be banned for this thread.

radicaldog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You need a fourth poal option: either outcome was within the bounds of acceptability.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What's the problem on that one?

Was it disguised selling from the OP?

Can I have a quick resume?

bigbris1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
You should be banned for this thread.

I respect your opinion, and if I am banned I appreciate your contributions here. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics