• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do you think about your future style? Will it be different?

XenoX101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm curious as to whether you guys think about your future style, what you will be wearing in say 5 - 10 years from now, and whether you save or keep certain clothes for this reason, clothes that you would otherwise sell.

I personally have a few things that don't mesh with my current style, but I think that they might in the future as I mature/my style changes, so I've kept them for this reason.

Also, do you think your style will be different in the visible future (it is probably hard to predict many decades ahead, hence 'visible'), will you try another look / develop your look based on how you will personally develop (some would say this is inevidible) / or will you keep trying to perfect your current look and keep adding outfits that pertain to your look like as an example Phat Guido and others on MC.

willy cheesesteak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
254ygza.jpg

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Needlessly harsh. Nothing wrong with the thread idea, and if any other poster posted it, 5 pages of "discussion" would follow.

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That being said, the pic is too funny.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Instant 5 star thread.

buyer's remorse

Reaction score
Originally Posted by XenoX101
Well, here's another boring philosophical topic by me that will potentially be dumb-threaded and 1-stared.
why do people do this?

i was gonna 5 star this thread, but this disclaimer makes my blood boil, so i've rated this thread 1 star. show a little more confidence and conviction in what you have to say, and girls and will take notice in that extra little bounce in your step.

driveslowk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
About a year ago all I wore was my pair of nudie's and black t-shirts from h&M. (on jet's timeline I was 14 then).

I'd like to think that after spending hundreds on casual button-downs for everyday wear that fit great, and some better shoes / trousers/ jackets that I've developed a classic style that will endure for years but who knows.

ctrlaltelite

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My style has drastically changed from skinny jeans and a variety of t-shirts to a more pulled together look, mostly due to my recently joining the professional world. Now I have a good idea of the aesthetic I'm trying to portray and buy things I think I can wear for a while or implement into my look. Looking at future collections is also a good way of gauging the fashion barometer as well and by now even companies like gap are showing lines with workwear undertones, and for many people they'll see that as being on its way out while others will continue to do as they've done for years. The interesting thing I find about the online street style community is how it's sort of become a homogenous hodgepodge onto itself. Teenagers and european kids flock to lookbook, goth ninjas and the super fashion forward congregate at style zeitgeist, and sfers will defend pocket squares until they are buried with one.

For me though, I would just like to curate a closet worth passing down -- something my kids could pick and choose from and hopefully converse about like I have with other members of my family and other older men. Some things are timeless -- attention to detail is one of them.

bluemax

Reaction score
In the past few months my style has gone from Men's Clothing to Streetwear & Denim to SuFu. I think my style is regressing toward not giving a ****. At this rate in a few weeks I'll be wearing random jawns from JC Penney and Reebok trainers to work.

KaiserSose

Reaction score
I don't have any set plans, but I think my style will naturally progress from steetwear to more a men's clothing vibe, with more blazers, ties, sport jackets & suits thrown in the mix.

I think if you are 23, you should dress somewhat like you are 23. This doesn't mean you have to wear what the average idiot wears, but I also think you don't want to come off like a precocious try hard.

Also, I think how your friends dress should be somewhat taken into consideration. I love all of my college buddies, but they dress like absolute **** - I'm talking, over-sized cheap button downs with old bootcut jeans and overall poor color matching. If I were to go out with them to a youngish bar rocking an Ervell blazer and wool trousers I would stand out in a bad way.

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Within a few years I will achieve such a level that I will be getting laid via lookbook.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads