• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do you sympathaize with eco-terrorists?

Pantisocrat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just read a report stating that eco-terrorists are among the FBI's most watched domestic terrorist groups. And that a large part of them are based out of Oregon. Seeing how there's so little discussion on this topic, I'd like to hear the opinions of the fine folks here.

Groves

Reaction score
No. Extremists of any kind are a problem. But I think they're that wanted due to corporate pressure perhaps?

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
No, absolutely not. In fact, I can't think of too many groups I find to be more detestable than "eco-terrorists."

unjung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't trust Oregonians in general.

Icarus

Reaction score
These people consist entirely of small-minded cretins who have never had an ounce of real responsibility nor any contribution to society.

Monkey see thing. Thing make monkey mad. Monkey smash thing!

There are 1 million and 1 ways to promote their goals and agenda in a peaceful and more effective way. They just want some sick sort of recognition like serial killers.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Please define Eco-terrorist.

L.R.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I sympathize in part with what they want to achieve, but not how they go about it. I view them as a necessary evil.

I'll try to describe it this way: They, and their methods are bad. While they make some good points (be nice to the environment!), they take it much to far (loggers deserve to die!). Now, while they make the moderate environmentalists cringe, they DO bring the topic to the forefront of peoples thoughts. It allows for discussions of less insane methods of protecting the world. They warn us of the worst things, and offer the most outlandish solutions to them..... but at least they warn us.

If any group like this (ELF, or PETA even) gained power, it'd be a horrid thing. But those in power do try to appease this demographic a little, so some good is done. Without such groups, we wouldn't be talking about the environment now, and it's impossible to tell what the average persons thoughts would be.

erictheobscure

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To some degree, yes. Their frustration and extreme tactics clearly stem from a reasonable source: they see that our insistence on a particular style of life has very negative consequences--and that some of these consequences might be disastrous and irremediable. I suppose the middle-of-the-road sentiment is to pooh-pooh disruptive or violent measures in general. But I find this highly disingenuous. Sustaining the kind of lives that many or most of us enjoy entails all sorts of unjust acts that we have the luxury of ignoring--ranging from horrid labor practices to decimation of natural resources to covert or large-scale warfare. That said, the problem of legitimizing violence for a cause is obviously a thorny one.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No. They are an unnecessary evil.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I can think of few people more detestable.

ConcernedParent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They ruin it for people with legitimate claims.

see also: PETA, ALF, militant feminists, etc.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
No I do not. I do not side with terrorists period.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
they have a convoluted sense of right and wrong, meaning whatever they're doing (including vandalism, sabotage, destroying other people's properties..) is right and everyone else is wrong. they also tend to dress stupid. so my answer is no.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads