• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do you stock up on a certain brand if it fits well?

westinghouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is it wise to buy the same shirts or pants from the same designer in different colors if they fit good on you? Has anyone ever called you out on this?

z7f9q

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why would anyone have a problem with this? Especially in different colours, I'm not sure I see the problem.

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have in pants and never called out. If it fits buy it.

username79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First,

99.99% of the general population has no clue what you wear, what you wore yesterday, how expensive your clothing is, etc. People see that you wear a 'shirt'.

Secondly,

Nobody gives a **** if you wear the same designer.

Third,

Nobody cares, because nobody notices, and if they did notice, they would not care, because people don't care about clothes.

FidelCashflow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by westinghouse
Is it wise to buy the same shirts or pants from the same designer in different colors if they fit good on you? Has anyone ever called you out on this?

when someone "calls you out" on all your clothes fitting well, it's called a compliment .
biggrin.gif

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I sometimes buy multiples of the same color for items that I like. I've done this with shirts and pants quite a bit.

holymadness

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm in the process of doing exactly this for shoes.

I suppose by default I've already done it with incotex/mabitex since the frenzy last year, but those pants are all slightly different.

Once I get my MTM shirt measurements down pat, I will be doing it with shirts as well.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don't, generally because I like to try all kinds of different things. I'll never know how that RL shirt will fit or last if I only buy the shirts from BB that I'm comfortable with.

I wouldn't look down on anyone who buys a bunch of the same thing, but I personally like to have a little more variety, in style, colour and design.

And while I own several pairs of shoes from Alden and A&E, I wouldn't buy two of the same pair. I have one pair of Park Avenues for example, and have no desire to buy a second.

Not that it's not a good shoe, it is, but I just don't need more than one.

the_sartorialist

Reaction score
I would proceed with caution using this approach, only because you may end up losing or gaining weight, so I wouldn't stock up to the extent as though Armaggedon was imminent.

holymadness

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For shoes I should specify that I'm buying them on the same last, but in different designs/colours.

Mr.K

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I do this with clothes all the time, when you find something that fits and works well, why not take advantage of it. I have similiar Incotex/Mabitex pants in the same fit in multiple colors. Now that my shirts are set in sizing, I use 2 collar styles and just vary my patterns.

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pants definitely. I will only order pants from Howard Yount and Panta (Have not tried them yet, but they look to fit about the same) from now on.

Other products... I like variety a bit more.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads