• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do you still live with your parents?

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Huntsman
It's this simple: Either you're a leech or you're not. Either you have the skills to make it on your own or you don't. The rest of this sophistry is ****.

+1 - this really is the bottom line.

Juaninn

Reaction score
Unfortunately, yes. I'm a full time student, and therefore cannot make anywhere near enough to move out. Once I graduate and get a job, I'm thinking of living with my parents for a year or so, they will be charging me a small rent fee which I am fine with, saving up for a deposit on a house. Cannot wait to move out, although for a year or so after graduation will have to budget to the extreme for a good deposit.

jhao

Reaction score
Originally Posted by acidicboy
My $0.02:

If your parents still treat you like a damn child, move away.

If they now see you as an adult with responsibilities, and they treat you like an adult, and you like each other, live with them if you like.

+1

KBW

Reaction score
I last lived with my parents when I was 14...I went to boarding school then and lived with my sister at our lakehouse in the summer and over the holidays. I'm very very close with my parents so that wasn't it but during that time my dad was developing/expanding his business and my mom was dealing with kidney disease.

BYucko

Reaction score
Do you still live with your parents?

I really wish I could say no.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

Fell for necro posting myself!

Who the hell keeps dredging up old threads?

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire

Fell for necro posting myself!

Who the hell keeps dredging up old threads?

Someone revived a thread from eleven months ago just to post a "+1"? Wow.

Reaction score
+1

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
moved out 15 years ago but maybe moving back in. Dad seems to show signs of alzhemier(sp)

davesyd

Reaction score
24, still living at home

no reason to move out.. very relaxed family... no questions asked when coming home late or bring someone home with me...

auto90403

Reaction score
i moved out when i started prep school. a few months later, my parents moved back to the US from Europe.

while I had a bedroom in their new house, it was never really "my" room. i considered school my home.

X-It

Reaction score
No. I moved out 10 years ago.
I live with my 2 cats.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads